1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depressed and Emotional Break Down Imminent

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MidnightMagic, Jun 26, 2014.

1. MidnightMagic

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so. My ex-girlfriend is going through a gender identity crisis, and is being...very depressed. Every and anything I do isn't helping and that stresses me out. Which I'm already to the point of bashing my head into the wall with stress. Anybody have any ideas on how to help? :tears:

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Hmm... Have you suggested that she try signing up here herself? You aren't really giving enough information for us to be helpful.

3. MidnightMagic

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oops, I thought I typed more than I did. Well, I'll send her an email and offer this website. Best suggestion so far...

4. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dated someone for a long time who I had similar feelings about. He was miserable all the time and there was nothing I could do about it. Everything I tried to do made things worse and eventually lead to our breakup. I'm slowly learning that when you're in a relationship, you still should care more about yourself than the other person. It's okay to love someone fully and show that you care and are there for them, but you have to give them the space to be their own person and make their own decisions about life.

It can be a hard lesson to learn because giving yourself to someone fully feels so great, but it can be really taxing on the other person. Try to remember that they are a capable individual who can handle this on their own. Be there for them when they need you but don't let their stress become your life. It's not a fun road to go down and it can be a really hard habit to break.