1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the heck is going on with me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by falcenav, Jun 27, 2014.

1. falcenav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I decided to stop believing in Christianity today, and let me tell you, it has been great. I feel free (which is ironic). I can love who I want. I feel a little uneasy too because if I somehow died and Christianity is true Id be in a pickle. I'll see if I get used to it.

When I was Christian, I was completely gay. I wasnt interested in girls at all. Now, Im really excited about seeing this girl I like tomorrow. Because I have a crush on her.

So what the heck!?

Im not sexually attracted to girls. And all of the sudden, soon after I denounce my faith, I feel like I want to pursue her. She is Hindu (Christians arent supposed to date others with different religious beliefs). Am I just feeling rebellious? It would be more normal in the eyes of others if I dated her instead of a guy (and if I openly dated a guy there would be a LOT of issues), so is this a better way of letting myself be free?

Before, my mindset was that given the option to have a secret relationship with a guy, Id take it (Id actually like him, too). Girls mean nothing.

My mindset now is that I really like this girl but if I had the oppurtunity Id make out with a guy. Still not feeling attraction to girls. But Im VERY excited to get to be with her relatively alone, watching fireworks up at the park tomorrow. Sounds romantic.

2. falcenav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Insight? Advice? Anybody that can relate?

3. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    do you feel any other attraction to the girl? like emotional or romantic?

4. wanderinggirl

The christian view of sex is just for reproduction, right? So maybe this creates a sense of "otherness" about women that maybe made you uncomfortable, and now that you're seeing beyond that you are seeing women in another way.

That, or you are gay with an exception and there is something special about this girl.

5. falcenav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    emotional attraction, yes.

6. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    oh then, you just having emotional attraction to this girl, would you want a relationship with her?

7. Chatbrat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have no answers, of course, on the religion thing but I do know one thing.....humans are complicated little creatures. Good luck on your quest of figuring it out. :thumbsup: