1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't tell..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by sw789, Jun 28, 2014.

1. sw789

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, so I'm currently talking to this girl and I can't tell if she's interested in taking things further. Im usually really good at signals and things but this time im really confused. I know the only way to know is to ask her but i'm just curious what you guys think before I do actually ask her.

Heres some details which make me question things.

We met on a dating app.
    At first we spoke on the app but then she asked for my number & we continued to talk via text.
    We went from texting once or twice a day to literally speaking to each other all day non stop, we'd exchange text back and forth from the minute we wake up and sleep, unless one of us has work or something like that.

sounds like she's interested so far? Well, heres why i think possibly not.
    She addresses me as mate or pal "hiya pal"
    She talks to me about her ex alot, I know this might not be anything but usually people don't speak about ex's to potential dates ect.
    We actually met up (we have mutual friends and i knew OF her so it was all safe) we got on really well with no awkward silences, but we didn't kiss or hold hands or flirt really.

We are planning to meet again to go to the cinema, a date idk? She also invited me to stay over.
    I don't want to make a move on her if shes not interested. Honestly I think i'd prefer to just be friends with her but i kinda want to know what her motives are.

What do you think?

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    she sounds more like a friend than a potential gf

3. Rumpletubb

She sounds like a friend, and that's not bad that either. Go to the cinema and hang out, it might just be an awesome night with a new good friend! Or a spark may fly, who knows?

You youngster ( :wink: ) care to much about motives and "what-if:s". Since you get along great, just see where it takes you. Don't you think? Hakuna Matata.

And, don't stay over if it feels like she expects something more than you are willing to give, and be clear about it if that comes up.

#3 Rumpletubb, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  4. sw789

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah thats true, thanks both of you :slight_smile: