1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are they in denial or what?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gaythrowaway, Jun 28, 2014.

1. gaythrowaway

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey guys, since the last time I posted here I'm a lot more comfortable with my orientation, even though I haven't come out. I wonder if my parents are in denial??. I mean, I never talk about girls and never expressed any kind of interest in women, even if they ask me. I'm also very pro-LGBT to them (lol why could that be), and sometimes "accidentally" when talking about anything gay-related I said "us" instead of "them".

If I wanted to drop more hints I would have to paint a rainbow in my face and chest and walk around kissing random guys. Anyways, even with all of that, they still make really nasty comments (like the equivalent of fucking faggots, mocking anyone and anything gay-related). More than one time I went mad with some comments of that kind and got out of the room or whatever, and they still don't seem to get the reason why I did that. The most confusing part is that they still say the typical "you can tell me anything and I'd still love you blah blah blah". I don't know if they want to scare me straight, drag me out of the closet, they didn't get the message or what the hell??. Any advice here?. Thanks a lot.

2. PharmGirl

Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh man, that's a tough situation. Maybe it's just an ignorance thing? Like, maybe they don't realize they're being really offensive, or they don't realize their homophobic comments are being taken to heart.

3. gaythrowaway

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I really hope that's the case, don't want to be the butt of every joke after coming out.

4. PharmGirl

Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh hun, I hope for your sake that your family would have more respect than that.

Maybe when you do come out, you can tell them how you're afraid they'll make fun of you now, and they'll probably do the whole "We'd never!" thing, but hopefully they'll keep that in the back of their minds.