1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Does She Do This?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by shadow77, Jun 29, 2014.

1. shadow77

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I’m a 15 year old girl and my best friend is 19. I’ve had off and on feelings for her for a year and a half and we’ve been best friends during that whole time. I’ve already come out to her and she’s supportive of me.

She’s straight and doesn’t have feelings for me, and she has told me this. I also know that because a couple of years ago, she had a terrible breakup with an ex-boyfriend and it really kind of destroyed her. She was very passionate about him, so I know that she’s straight.

We’ve been friends for a year and a half and I just came out to her a couple of months ago. Before I came out and also after I came out, however, she acts weirdly around me. She seems really playful and sometimes it has crossed my mind that I think we’re flirting with each other. She has made joking suggestions before to us kissing or going on dates.

But the thing is, she is a very caring person and I know that she deeply loves me, but just not in that way. And I know that she would never intentionally do something to hurt me. She even told me that she didn’t want to make me struggle or hurt. But she still continues to act this way around me. She basically flirts with me and calls me ‘babe’ and she has told me before that I was the best thing that ever happened to her. The way we text each other just strikes me more as the way two people dating would instead of two friends. And she is always constantly touching me. And she also teases me a lot. I just don’t really understand why she’s acting this way and why she’s doing this.