1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First gay crush - do I tell him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by parttime luvr, Jun 30, 2014.

1. parttime luvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So this is my first post and I feel I can get some better advice here than from one of my friends. It might be long too so here we go!

A couple weeks ago, I was with a small group of friends and they decided to invite over a few other people. Of the others who were coming was my now current crush. I had known who he was throughout high school, but after that I hadn't heard much from him. He came in to where everyone was and was very quiet, only occasionally whispering to the girls he came with. I spoke with him a little that night then finally left for home.

As I was in bed, I opened up ###### (don't judge) and he was literally the first guy to pop up. Now, I wasn't for sure whether or not he was interested in guys but this just confirmed it for me; I went ahead and swiped right and to my surprise, he had done the same for me. I got pretty excited in that moment, and then almost immediately, he messaged me. We chatted a bit on there until he eventually asked for my number. From there, he said we would hang soon with some of his other friends and that was that night.

Now, that next night, he invited me over to hang with him and two other girls (who I had also non through high school). They were all a little buzzed from drinking so I pretty much just sat and hardly spoke. My crush kept apologizing on being boring, but I didn't mind, just as long as I was able to be around him. He then invited me a couple days later to swim with him and two other female friends; that was fun, and we talked a little more than usual. Later the next day, he asked again if I wanted to hang and see a movie. I got really happy then because we'd finally be able to be together, just the two of us.

The movie night was good, we had actual conversations and he wasn't as timid and silent as he usually is. We'd make sarcastic jokes at each other and he seemed to be having a good time. Later the same night, we decided to meet with a few other friends and all ended up hanging until around 2 a.m. We departed and it was then that I felt my crush on him grow stronger. I loved being around him and wanted to hang again asap. I waited a few days and invited him to get food with me. He did and again, we just talked. That night, however, he texted me when I dropped him off just to have a normal convo. This never happens, he's definitely not much of a texter.

NOW, more recently, just last night, I asked if he'd be willing to see the same movie we had just seen together again, and he said yes. It was with me and couple other friends. My plan was to see something else alone with him and try to talk to him about how I feel. We did get to another movie alone, but it was very awkward, neither of us really talked, even before the movie began. I ended up not bringing it up, yet I felt as though tension was present. I THINK it's because we've hung several times already and no one has addressed feelings to each other...

I'm sorry it's such a long post, but he's just been on my mind 24/7. I really want to let him know how I feel and want to know how he feels back. Even if it's not the response I'm hoping for, it'd be a load off my shoulders. Is it a good idea to do that? I don't want to ruin anything we have. My friends think he's interested based on how willing he is to always hang with me, but I just don't know for sure. He's the first guy I've actually felt very interested in since recently coming out to a few people.

SO. Help, please. What should I do? Do I let him know how I feel? Thanks :slight_smile:

This is a silly little tid bit, but I asked for his tumblr and he followed me back and I had posted something like "bae, text me". He happened to like and reblog it. LOL yeah, I might be over thinking that though.

2. Kabuki

What an awesome coincidence! Well if you both wanted to meet, went out a few times and had a great time, I don't see why he won't be interested. The question would be what is the type of interest is the one he haves towards you. But he seems like a nice guy, I don't believe he'll have a negative reaction. Does he know you are bisexual? If he does and he still goes out with you then that is a plus there.

You could tell him, just remember to be subtle with it, like tell him you like hanging out with him and that you are developing a crush on him. Don't tell him you love him or something serious like that, I mean from what you wrote you are starting a friendship now, even if you knew him from high school this friendship is just new. So maybe being to serious might make him back off a bit? I don't know.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that you can tell him but be careful of being to pushy or obsessive with the way to tell him you like him and have a crush on him.

3. arkemdis

arkemdis Guest

In my experience...yes it is good to tell him...once they say I am not interested its much easier to get them off your mind.