1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual orientation and friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Acm, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Acm

Acm Guest

My closest friends that I have at school are both lesbians and even though I like being around other LGBT people they keep doing this thing that annoys me. I'm not out as trans so they think I'm a straight girl and they keep making fun of me for being "straight" because they think they're better/cooler than me for being gay. Since I act and dress really masculine they keep trying to convince me that I'm actually bisexual and convert me (they say that all the time) and they make explicit lesbian sex jokes to me/about me all the time and it annoys me. I've tried dropping hints about my gender/orientation multiple times but they don't seem to get it. I'm actually out as trans on one online account that one of them has access to but she's never noticed it and it just bothers me a lot since I'm not even straight, and I don't want people trying to change my orientation even if they mean it as a joke :bang:

2. wanderinggirl

Wow those girls need to take it down a peg. I wonder if they're just playing off each other and think it's funny. Maybe try to talk to one of them alone and tell her she's being obnoxious; if you get a good reaction you could try to test the waters on coming out to them. If not, maybe it's time to find friends who don't make you feel like crap for being who you are.

Seriously though, they need to stop. I mean since when is being gay cooler than being straight and cis? or gay and trans? really who cares? It seems like they're the only ones that do.

3. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Hug (*hug*)

Your "friends", I have to say, are stupid. Being gay, trans* or whatever doesn't make a person "cool". It's what you have inside your soul that makes you a cool person.

So, do you want to come out to them? If so, I suggest you to come out firstly to only one of the duet. So she cannot do stupid things in front of you because she's alone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

What do you think?

4. Acm

Acm Guest

That sounds like a good idea. Like I said, one of them has access to my tumblr where I'm out as trans and I know that she supports trans people, so I should just tell her I guess.

5. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Got for it! :icon_bigg