1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I deal with my boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Waffles, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Waffles

Hey there!

So during the last week of May, my crush and I both ended up confessing feelings for each other. It was satisfying in one sense because I had been trying for 7 monthes to tell him, but upsetting because it was our graduation week and I was only NOW able to get my first boyfriend. So after graduation, we went bowling with some friends and ended up staying together after that outting until 1:00 AM. We had tried making plans for our second date/group outting (because I'm out whereas he isn't) but his schedule was a little busy before his week vacation. I was totally fine with that, seeing as we still texted every day all day.

After his vacation, I would try texting him and it would take him a while to respond, or ultimately just wouldn't. Yet I could see that he was updating his Facebook and Instagram. So after 3 weeks of not seeimg him, I called him out on it. He tried to dodge the topic all together but I stood my ground and voiced my hurt. He apologized and I asked him when he was free (he never responded to that). It seems like now the only time he responds to my texts is when it seems like I'm going to break up with him. He works 2 jobs (as do I), but somehow I'm still able to find time to spend with the people I care about.

To this day, I have yet to see him in person since our first date. I've tried to remain optimistic because I really like this guy and he really likes me (or so he says), but the decline in interaction has made me feel the most lonely I've felt in a long time. It's not like I'm demanding him to spend every moment with me, but is this really a relationship when the communication is gone?

I dunno what I'm really asking for or if this was more of a release, but have any of you been in a similar situation? And if so, how did you deal with it? If not, then what would your course of action be? To those reading this, thank you for your time.

2. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

It honestly seems like he isn't interested in a relationship with you anymore.
    People can get sidetracked and heavily distracted by life at times, but ignoring you when tending to others...

I'm afraid he seems to be of the type who won't break up even if the relationship has become meaningless or even stressful - simply because not breaking up and keeping things as they are is more comfortable.

I'd break up with him, really.
    That is anything but easy depending on your feelings, but he hurt you already and just doesn't seem to care much. :/

OR he is just really uncomfortable with the thought of actually outing himself.
    Maybe he is trying to avoid that like the plague, even neglecting you in the process.

Might be worth a try bringing that up first, but if it doesn't lead anywhere... I really don't see any reason not to break up and finding someone who loves you back.

#2 Black Raven, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014