1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She still doesn't believe I'm a lesbian

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by stocking, Jul 2, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I thought she did at first but I think she's going by the way I look , so I told my friend some annoying straight dude hit on me and I told him to leave me alone and what not and how upset I was . she's bi by the way then she turned around and said " Why didn't you sleep with him ?" at first I thought she was joking but I realized she was serious I told her how I'm not attracted to guys and Just women then she said " just try it you might like it " later that night we were talking again she asked me about sex and if i like penetration or not and I told her yes and I use dildos sometimes . Then she asked " Why do you use a dildo if your a lesbian " I explained to her that I just like the feeling of penetration but I don't like doing penetrative sex with a guy because I'm not attracted to guys . then she said " You probably don't like it because they don't know how to do you right '' I was thinking why is it so hard for people to get that a woman can be a lesbian or just gay and not want anything to do with a man . If I wear a guy I wouldn't get these questions all I would have to say is I like other guys and that would have been it . I really don't get it :tantrum:

2. thelamekidd

Out Status:
    Some people
    I might sound a little harsh when I say this, but I really don't like guys. Every time a guy flirts with me, I get really uncomfortable. Your friend may have this mind set that because she gave both sexes "a chance" and enjoys it, then you should too? I don't know. Don't let her tell you who you are. As long as you're comfortable with yourself, that's all that matters.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    she isn't telling me i'm bi but she's telling me to sleep with guys and trying to encourage it if that makes sense .

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    im sorry but, that sounds VERY ignorant for her to say, seems like you does not respect that your a lesbian and trying to force the "having sex with guys/experimenting thing" down your throat, wow was just sickening to read

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Wow, I am disgusted by this girl, especially by a so called bisexual that should understand.

6. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It drives me nuts when people just don't take someone's word for how he or she identifies. It's incredibly inappropriate to so openly dismiss a person's sense of self.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah I can understand maybe asking questions about what you don't understand I'll be happy to explain but when your like saying to me " try dick , try dick , it's good you should try it give men a chance " It annoys me :tantrum:

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agh, that's terrible. I would so mad if anyone said any of that to me.

9. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Right, and I know that that's how I feel about many things! This is hardly to say that homosexuality ought to be considered a disorder, but I also have Type 1 diabetes. By all means, please feel free to ask me whether it is possible to develop this particular type of diabetes from eating chocolate. But please do not dictate whether, when or how I should eat chocolate or anything else. (For the record, Type 1 is NOT what you hear about in the media: I am permitted to eat a perfectly normal diet that includes the same amounts of sugar present in any healthy individual's diet.)

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you for informing me and i agree it's annoying as hell

11. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Since she is a friend, she would probably respect your wishes if you asked her to kindly stop going on about this issue, wouldn't she? Sometimes we need to stand up even to friends. Just assert yourself, ask to lay off that particular issue - yes?

12. Emmanuella

How incredibly annoying... that's all I have to say. And you said she's bi on top of that?! Sounds like she just has a hard time opening her mind up to points of view other than her own. I would say to just give her time. How long has she known you were a lesbian?

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    few months now

14. lovely lesbian

15. neutron

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh I'm amazed how you could stay friend with her. I think she needs to be educated on lgbt issues more

16. Really

I wonder if it's a bit like when people can't believe you don't like what they like.
    "I can't believe you don't eat macaroni and cheese!"
    "I'm lactose intolerant. It upsets my stomach."
    Unfortunately, this is about sexuality and not food.
    "Why won't you try sex with a man?"
    "My system is male-intolerant. The thought makes me nauseous."

17. Jenna0780

Tell her she should try having sex with a dog. When she says, "no," with some disgust, ask "How do you know you don't like it until you've tried it? It could be amazing!" Then, when she says she doesn't want to have sex with a dog, tell her that that's how you feel about having sex with a man.

18. Emmanuella

I think, with time, she will get the point. At least I hope so, anyway. You may have to stress/exaggerate your lack of interest...or even repulsion toward men!!

19. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, that reminds me of when this guy from school kept trying to get me to go out with him despite me repeatedly saying I'm a lesbian. I really had to stress it, lol.

20. AmiBee

Sweetie, you shouldn't listen to anyone who questions your sexuality or who denies who you are. If you prefer girls, that's completely normal and ok. Please stay true to yourself!