1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FireRose2071, Jul 3, 2014.

1. FireRose2071

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, every time I get into a relationship, I am always so overly emotional and just over the top with everything--I get so giddy and happy when I think about that person, and I practically think about them all the time....gah! I feel like an idiot school girl. >.<

Anyways.

How do you know when/where/how to look for red flags about someone, even though your emotions generally cloud your judgement and critical thinking?
    I've been seeing this guy since Pride. He has been nothing but sweet to me, and has been honest about everything.

I've heard other people that know him say what a terrible person he is, and not a good person. I really want to think that maybe it's because he happens to be a manager (the people who talked shit are the ones that work under him)....should I be worried? Like I said, he's been nothing but nice to me, so.....

2. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What exactly are they telling you about him and is it credible? If he isn't a great boss they may not have a good word to say about him, but that doesn't mean he will be a bad guy in a relationship. Some people are very different when they are not in work mode. If people outside of his work environment are saying horrible things about him, then it might be worth paying a little more attention.

It's normal to be excited in the early stages of a relationship and you do have to check your feelings a little sometimes to avoid getting carried away, but at the same time you shouldn't be too cool. Be sensible and stay vigilant, but enjoy the experience.