1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does She Really Support Me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by thelamekidd, Jul 3, 2014.

1. thelamekidd

Out Status:
    Some people
    My mom has been questioning my sexuality for almost a year now, and whenever she would ask me what my orientation was, I would change the subject. However, when she makes jokes about me "possibly" being a lesbian, I just laugh it off. I know my mom very well, and I'm pretty sure she knows. Today, my mom and I were watching TV and it was about two women who were going to get married despite what their religious families think. One of the women were pretty masculine and my mom looked at me and said, "I don't care if you're a lesbian, but please be a girl. Don't be a butch lesbian. They're terrifying." That statement alone set me off because I should be able to express myself in any way that I want. I know my mom loves me no matter what, but would it kill her to not make my sexuality the topic of every conversation and not make ignorant comments like that? :dry:

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did she say it seriously? Perhaps she was only joking. Badly, but still joking.

3. kelly96

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Maybe she keeps making comments because she wants you to talk to her and come out to her directly. And if you do talk to her you could tell her your a lesbian but you don't want it to define who you are or be a big deal. Also maybe express how these comments annoy you and make you feel.