1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First date..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by drewf91, Jul 3, 2014.

1. drewf91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, I have never dated a guy, or been able to have any sort of relationship, aside from two times, I hooked up with a guy I knew in one of my classes... anyway, I'm worried that at this point anyone I date will have experience, and therefore it will be awkward, and I may just ruin it.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to act, what to do? I don't want to miss signals, or think I'm getting signals that I'm really no :frowning2:

2. PaganPoetry

omg I feel like Im going to be so awks the day I go on my first proper/actual date........idk I would say just to be chill about it and not think too much, I think the first date is just to get to know each other better and have fun....nothing too serious I think....

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my bf online and I put in my profile that I was newly out, so he knew right from the beginning that I was inexperienced. Obviously he was ok with it and things worked out amazingly. I was pretty scared and unsure in the beginning but everything felt right and I let things progress.

4. robclem21

Nothing to worry about. Just be yourself and be honest if he asks and everything will be fine. Minimal dating experience shouldn't really be a big deal to anyone who is worth your time. Everyone has to start somewhere and I'm sure if you like each other then there are many other topics of conversation that will occupy your time together.

5. Well it's possible he'll be just as awkward as you, so he'll understand and have the same stress you feel, or he'll be just out going enough to make you feel less awkward.