1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared of an old crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by wardrobeescaper, Jul 3, 2014.

1. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey all, when I was a teen and in the closet I had a crush on one of my best friends. This went on for 4 years until he got a girlfriend who he's still with and I was crushed by that. 12 years later, if I hear his name mentioned, see a picture of him or even contemplate meeting up with him I get a feeling of awkardness and I guess fear. You know when your stomach goes a bit funny, legs a bit wobbly etc. I find him repulsive now but I still can't shift that feeling. Any advice guys?

2. Greeley

Just conflicted feelings, i've had that before with one of my old best mates. Kinda fancied him for a few months. then he left town and i kind of forced myself not to like him so i get a little angry when i think about him but still kind of have that "soft spot" and gets me nervous if i think about seeing him in person again?

BUt i just suck it up, and pretend like it doesn't matter and i get over it.

3. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Seems reasonable, he's only one of two that can make me feel like that, I guess its because it went on for so long. Anyway I hardly see him anymore and don't think about him. I'll just keep myself busy :slight_smile: