1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with my little sister

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by iamjustababy, Jul 4, 2014.

1. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need help with my little sister, she has pushed her limits with me far to long, just today out of anger she beat me across the stomach with a leather guitar strap! I can't breath without feeling pain now, she is always hurting me physically and mentally and I can't take it anymore, I need despite help with dealing with her, she has made me suicidal more then once and I can't take her anymore. I need help.

Oh and another thing, she does all these things to me and yet I'm the one who ends up saying sorry!

2. Theo022

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Did you talk with your parents? Did you go to hospital?

3. iamjustababy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No and no.
    I haven't talked to my parents yet because I hate to see her in trouble, and it wasn't bad enough for a hospital trip.

4. Theo022

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Argh.. Then you prefer to get beat up by ur sister? You should talk with ur parents and you should go to hospital (because it hurts u when u breath) because u can't act alone at 13 years old. That's why she will always beat you and only say "i'm sorry".

5. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What age is she?
    Does she have anger issues/ like why does she do it??

6. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As hard as it might be, it is best to tell your parents and if there are marks it is best to show them

7. iamjustababy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know I know..I'm suck a wimp xd
    She definitely has anger issues, that plays a part in it, I'm planning on telling my parents, and yes there is still a mark.
    Oh and also it only hurt to breath for a few minutes or so.

8. Derpette

I may sound like a bad person right now, I know it's your sister after all but - does she care about how much is she hurting you? Does she care if you're in trouble because of her? She doesn't. And neither should you, whatever age she is, if she's doing things like that on purpose and consciously. So go and talk to your parents.

How come they haven't noticed so far??

9. CuteZhemn

Out Status:
    A few people
    Talk to your parents before it goes worse as she grows

10. iamjustababy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes I think it has to do with her autism, she really doesn't care about what she does, yet she reacts if I try and defend myself. And she has never cared if I'm in trouble, heck she blackmails me for the fun of it.

11. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well that kinda explains it, but you should still tell your parents, as a fellow little sister with autism, she might can get help

12. Derpette

I don't have any experience with people that have autism, but I think it might explain why she behaves like this.

Nevertheless, it's important for you to tell your parents, so that something can be done. You don't deserve this and you don't have to put up with it, even though you're siblings. All the more reason to talk to someone is the fact that she's made you suicidal, this is most certainly not okay and to be taken care of.

Please, talk to them about it, it's for your own good.

13. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely important that your parents know what is going on. Lots of these types of problems in people with autism spectrum disorders stem from communication issues, and getting them help via a therapist or a specialized class can reduce or resolve them.

14. iamjustababy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well she has had multiple therapists before, and she's on a medication that's supposed to make her more calm and stuff, nothing has helped with it.

And yes I will be talking to my parents soon about it.

15. kelly96

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've worked with children that have autism and that does seem to explain the behaviour. However I think the best thing for both of yous is to tell your parents so they can help deal with it. Don't think of it as getting her into trouble, think of it as getting your sister and you much needed help as if you let this behaviour continue it will get worse as she gets older and you could stop this or at least ease it by getting her help with a qualified professional. Also I know its hard but if shes made you suicidal I think you should ask for some help too. Even if its just a few counselling sessions to help clear your head and get things off your chest.

16. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with this. Just because she has autism does not excuse her behavior. If you tell your parents about this, then they might be able to better help her. My mother used to work in a school where she helped many autistic children. The one thing that she was told when she started in that position was to keep track of their behavior, because if a mental health professional did not know about the behavior, then there was no way that they could work to correct the behavior.

17. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely talk to your parents, and your parents should also relay this to the therepist for the same reasons others have pointed out.

18. You think you have it bad? My little sister and my YOUNGER twin brother both treat me like shit on a consistent basis- and I can't fight back like they do because I'm in a wheelchair. My legs are the only thing that doesn't work right; my mind, heart and soul are normal and fine. I'm in Honors classes for God's sake, and I have to put up with their crap? It's bad enough that I constantly have to prove myself to the rest of the world; they are the people that are supposed to know me and love me for me. But they're just like every ignorant, judgmental person out there. I'm angry, yeah, but more than that... I'm disappointed and heartbroken beyond words.