1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend Problem

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Soup, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Soup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hi there, this is my first post in the advice side of this forum so bear with me if I'm bad at this please :slight_smile:

My problem is that I have a good group of friends that I like to hang around with but I have this one guy friend who just looks great. His hair, eyes and body are amazing but he's said before that he's straight. I think he's noticed me staring at him a bit and I get a bit nervous when talking to him so our friendship is sort of distancing. In the past few years I have been imagining him sexually which I think might be a bad thing but I'm really not sure. He would be stereo typically gay: he likes drama, hate sport, always has nice hair etc. so I'm sort of just hopeful.

Is it bad to be thinking like this? All my friends think that I am straight, I don't 'act gay' so I don't think this one friend would suspect anything. Also, is it creepy to look at his body in the changing room? I really don't 'understand' how I should be going about this simply because no one else in my life is gay.

On a closing note, I would just like to say thanks for the warm welcome to this community.

Soup

2. wolf of fire

I don't think there is anything wrong with thinking like that, he may be a closeted gay or bisexual or maybe just a feminine straight guy. I know what this may seem daunting but coming out may be the best thing (I mean out of the closet not telling him you like him) as doing this would show he is not alone and would be accepted.