1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'll Never Find a Guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bornthiswaybby, Jul 5, 2014.

1. bornthiswaybby

I've determined that I am screwed when it comes to finding a guy. I've seen a few gay guys in my city and for the most part, actually ALL of the ones I have seen, are either diva bitches from hell or super super bizarre. I don't judge people for being different but these people are completely out of my comfort zone when it comes to relationships plus there are very few people anyways.

I also have trouble accepting myself and find myself putting myself down frequently so I don't know if I'd even have the confidence to date.

It's just frustrating to me because I always see these couples and I want that kind of connection with someone, but it seems impossible to find anyone, being gay. It's also slightly embarrassing that I'm still awaiting my first kiss.
    :bang:

2. IG88

Aaaaaand you're only 17. You have lots of time to find someone.

And if you want to meet normal guys, hang out in normal places.

3. pahbee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, it's pretty hard to find someone who's gay, aside from lgbt clubs/groups. Try that if you haven't already? I think you should go online too. I knew a guy in high school who wanted a bf and it worked for him.

4. darth vader

don't get frustrated.. you're still young.. you have so much ahead of you..

5. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't be alarmed. The screaming queens are probably the only ones that are visible to you. For each queen there's a hundred 'ordinary' gay people out there. Honestly...

6. Blayde

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know whether or not this will make you feel any better, but think of it this way: You're only 17, and the majority of high school relationships don't last. What's going to happen after you graduate if you're in a relationship? Chances are that it's not going to work out in the end when it comes to high school relationships. I've never dated or had my "first kiss" either, but there's still plenty of time to find someone when you go to college or whatever you plan to do. You don't have to rule out the possibility of dating in high school, but you shouldn't dwell on it or feel hopeless if you don't find the right guy this early on in life.

7. ImHappy247

Out Status:
    All but family
    Ok... I'm 16 and I havent kissed yet as well. But let me tell you something Ive learned in my short-boring as hell-deeply philosophical life: ''You don't need a bf to be happy''

Most of my gay friends (queens and kings) feel that way u know? Its normal. Something to do with society making us think we need a partner to be full and happy or something like that.

I understood this some time ago and from that moment everything went just better and better. I started to spend more time with my friends, they're my support, and the moment I stopped thinking about ''Oh Im so alone'' or ''Oh I need someone'' things just went a lot better. I promise :slight_smile:

A few weeks ago I met this guy... And he just appeared out of nowhere u know? I wasnt looking for him and he wasnt looking for me. We just met u know? Like straights do all the time :3 ''A friend of a friend''. Dont stress urself thinking of how much u want a bf. Everyone wants someone, but we dont need them. So u live ur life, be happy, ur young, for real. Someone will come, have ur arms real open for whoever does comes. Don't run away from the diva bitches from hell xD Those divas turn out to be real good friends sometimes and, at least where Im from, Divas know EVERYONE, look on their facebook profiles and Its almost like a gay catalog. And... Im writing a lot of sh** n.n so yeah. Dont worry be happy. Live laugh and all of that and DONT BOTHER about the kiss thing. My guy has already kissed but Im still not rushing that, Its gonna happen when it has to happen. Same for u <3 Luck~

8. robotman

Don't worry, I won't ever find a guy either, I think that I am destined to be alone, I don't even know any gay guys... We can be alone together (*hug*).

9. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LISTEN TO THIS GUY
    i was going to say something but this guy has gave you the perfect advice honey ^^

10. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think a lot of people feel like this at times, me included. I'm 18 and pretty much the same as you; I've never met anyone and never kissed...

But I just say screw it. I don't need it right now. I'm currently on exchange having the time of my life: no boyfriend needed. When it's meant to happen, it'll happen.

Listen to ImHappy247. His advice is perfect.

I hope you feel better soon.

(*hug*)

11. RainbowMan

Yeah, I know how this feels. I'm right there with ya - I'll never find anyone, but it's all me - I'm ugly and fat, two things working against me finding someone in a gay culture that values fitness and athleticism above what kind of person you actually are.

I hang out at a straight bar and my friends there (all of whom I'm out to) were saying how much better life is when they have girlfriends. I can only imagine what it'd be like to have a boyfriend.

We can be alone and miserable together.

12. the gypsy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you can't love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?

That line of thinking will keep you alone.

Regardless, the others are right. You're just a child, don't be so impatient. Don't expect anything, don't measure your lifetime by anyone else's milestones of 'when'.

13. bornthiswaybby

The line is a RuPaul quote and I agree with it. You should love yourself before focusing your attention on loving another person.

---------- Post added 7th Jul 2014 at 07:35 PM ----------

Thank you very much everyone, I understand you thinking "you're so young" but when you see all your peers in happy relationships, of course you want one as well. But thank you all for your advice :slight_smile: <3

14. UsernamePending1

Vancouver[Mon-Fri]-Calgary[Sat-Sun], Canada
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it helps, I'm 2ne1 and just as lost as I was when I was 15. I think that in time, it could happen!! But just gotta be patient and optimistic till it does :slight_smile:

15. login864

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'm 17, almost 18, and I haven't had my first kiss either! (But no one really knows) I was thinking some time ago that it is embarrassing that it hasn't happened yet, but I'm only 17 overall and I'm gay in the closet in front of everyone with the exception of my parents. I could have had my first kiss with a girl, but eew... :lol: It was super awkward this one time, when I was at a party, and I was talking with a girl, who pulled me into a spare room! She wanted to kiss me, and I was like a-a :eusa_naug not this time, bye. :smilewave

By the way I feel the same way as you do. I want a boyfriend so bad :slight_smile: But how is it even possible when I'm in the closet?? So now I' decided that I'll start coming out step by step...

That's all I can do at the moment. :/

16. Yosia

You will find soneone!! I thought i will be forever alone but i have met someone c:

17. UsernamePending1

Vancouver[Mon-Fri]-Calgary[Sat-Sun], Canada
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel the same way... It makes me sad that I can solve nth order equations or apply pretty much any graduate level theorem, yet date and blow it in the span of 72 hours.

But I guess that even though I say that I'll never find someone, but I'm secretly optismistic and I do hope someone can see me for the guy behind the geeky glasses (more specifically, contacts).

I think it'll happen if you're patient :grin:

18. confuseduser99

MY LIFE :frowning2: I'm going to be 21 this week, and I've never been with anyone :tears:. I too feel like I'll never find a guy. I'm too picky, and I just don't even know where to find a guy. SIGH...

19. bornthiswaybby

I spoke WAY too soon.... Don't lose hope guys. You WILL find somebody, good luck <3

20. Lyr110

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hahaha I was about to say "this is me", then I read your last comment :frowning2: Happy you found someone though, at least I think that's what that implies :slight_smile:! I have someone in mind but, I'm doubtful that the feelings are mutual :frowning2: