1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does He Like Me...? And Do I Come Out? Help!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LadyGaga, Jul 6, 2014.

1. LadyGaga

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay - this is a pretty long story, but I'll try and keep it as short as possible.

I'm a 15 year old - closeted male bisexual. I've known for about 4 years, but I didn't start coming out and telling people till about 8 months ago. Anyways - I've told about 10 of my closest friends that are girls. The reason I haven't told any guys is that for one, I don't have that many close guy friends (up until now, but I'll talk about that later), and also because I'm scared that they'll think "Oh he's bisexual so he's half-gay which means he MUST like me".

Anyways - I've liked this guy in my school for about 5 months now. We weren't really that close at first, but over the past couple months, we've gotten REALLY close. He has no clue that I like him, and I kind of want it to stay that way. My best friend legitimately thought that there was a chance that he was at least bisexual as well because in class he would always put his arm around me, tell me he liked me, and like on facebook he always messages me hearts and calls me his "bae", but I'm PRETTY SURE it's all just a joke. He acts like that towards a lot of girls (messaging hearts and all that other stuff), but I'm the ONLY guy that he acts like this to. I mean, he pretends to like other guys (it's a group joke) saying like "oh yeah I love us so much" with other guys, but he just does a lot more with me, and I only just recently found out that other people jokingly "ship" us (some don't even know that I'm bisexual and only one of them know that I like him). Everytime that they jokingly say "oh I ship you two so hard" (about the guy I like and I), he always tries to change the subject and says "no no dude I'm not gay" and he makes fun of gay people, but it kind of seems like a mask to me, but at the same time - he acts really "straight" at the same time, and when a group of us went to a movie a couple nights ago, he wanted to sit beside me, and at first when we weren't sitting beside each other, he was really sad so he asked to switch with another guy, yet during the movie when I was kind of leaning on him a bit, just trying to see how he felt, afterwards he was like "and why were you like on me. Like - what."... So then I think - okay fine obviously he doesn't like me. Yet, that night when we're messaging each other, we'll talk and he like says stuff like "ah I love you <3" and once we go to bed he'll be like "night bae <3 <3". Is he scared doing anything in public? Or like is he all just using it as a joke?! Regardless, I played along with him with anything he did, and I STILL don't know if he's bisexual or straight or gay or not. Like - it's just way too confusing for me and it's doing my head in because he's the first person that I've ever REALLY liked. He also texts a lot of girls a lot, and he SAYS that he likes a girl and that something might happen between them, but I don't know if it's real or not... Ugh - It's just messing me up too much. So does he like me? Or not?

Now my second problem (I feel really bad for such a long thread agh sorry!!). Anyways - Before I told people that I was bisexual, I used to be really depressed about it, and I really wanted to be "normal" and straight, but once I started telling my close friends and once I realized that who I told got closer to me, and no one treated me poorly, it made me feel better about myself, and made me glad to be who I am. I keep thinking that I just want to get it over with and come out publicly so I can finally be myself. Before I used to be scared of what people said about me, but now it's like - if you don't like me, I really couldn't care less. I just don't care! I love who I am and that's all that matters. There's just one problem - I never had a good group of friends that I could rely on, and in the past month, a bunch of people that I wasn't REALLY close with before - well, we started getting a LOT closer. The guy that I REALLY like (mentioned above) is one of the guys in the group (including me it's 3 girls 3 guys, and all 3 girls know I'm bisexual, but none of the guys do). I don't really care if one of the guys knows, but I'm scared that the guy I like will be "creeped out" by me if he finds out I'm bisexual. Not because I think he's homophobic or anything (even though he tries to tease other gays in our school, I know he's not really like that), and I know that he'll still be friends with me, but because I liked him and thought that there's a chance that I could actually start being with him (and I still do), I'm scared that he'll find out that I like him because once he finds out I'm bisexual, then it'll be REALLY OBVIOUS. Like, if he can't tell after he finds out, then he's just plain stupid. I really love having him as a friend. He's now my closest guy friend (I've never had a guy friend as close as I am with him), and obviously if I had to choose between being friends or more than friends, I'd choose to be more than friends. But, if I had too choose between friends or being awkward then I'd obviously choose friends. Also, if he finds out I like him, our whole group will just be awkward whenever we hang out, and this is the first time in my life that I've really found a group of friends that I love to hang out with (I always felt awkward hanging with just girls), and I really don't want to ruin my friendship with the group, but more importantly him. I don't want any answers saying "oh you'll find more friends" and "you'll find another guy to like" because I've always found it hard to get friends (I kind of sound like a loner I know... I'm not a loner - I just am not close with any people, but this is the first time that I've found people that I AM close with).

PLEASE HELP ME! I want to come out, but I don't want to lose the only guy that I've been close with. I love him as a person, but I also love him as a friend, and I REALLY don't want to lose the friendship we have. Also - does he like me? Does he not? Or does he just find me as a bro? Because I'd rather be bros then not being friends at all. Thanks so much for everything, and I'm really sorry for the long thread!! :lol::lol::lol:

2. demfeelstho

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been in your situation, just come out to him. I honestly doubt he's into you, a lot of guys joke like that. My straight friends and even ex-boyfriend still joke like that haha. He clearly likes you a lot as a friend so I think he really deserves to know, it might be weirder finding out further along the line. It can be as simple as saying "hey man, I trust you a lot and I don't want to cause and weirdness but I just wanted to let you know I swing both ways" or something along those lines. You'll be surprised how little people actually care.

Good luck :slight_smile:

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I think the easiest thing to do is just come out to him. If he's worth your friendship, he'll accept you.

To be honest, there's no way of knowing whether he likes you or not. You need more information to figure that out. Coming out to him might give you some insight. If he DOES like you, he'll probably be really accepting, ask you about it a lot and/or come out himself. If not, he'll probably just keep acting as if nothing happened.

Hanging out with him more and more could also help you figure him out, just be careful not to get too obsessed with him.

I really hope this works out for you. You're really mature for your age... I wish I had figure myself out so well at your age :slight_smile:

Good luck!