1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long Distance Relationships

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by The Spark, Jul 6, 2014.

1. The Spark

Okay, lemme give you the quick rundown of how we met. Andi attempted suicide and was sent from her home in Cheyenne to a treatment institute in Casper (this is Wyoming we're talking about). Living across the state, a month later I attempted suicide and was sent from Powell to Casper and met Andi there. We fell in love in a snap, she went off to long-term in Colorado and I went home. We wrote love letters for a couple months, and then I stopped hearing from her, went kinda crazy, she broke up with me, and I attempted again and was sent back to treatment for three months. She went home from Colorado, fell back into some old habits, got sent somewhere, and finally nestled back home again. When I got out, I sent her a letter about being friends and from there things escalated and we got back together, and we're both mentally stable now (which is big, that was the downfall last time). However, we still live across the state from each other, and she rarely talks to me. When she does message me (we text) it's sweet but the conversation never lasts long and then I don't hear from her again until at least the next day. I love this girl, more than I'm sure is really possible for me of all people, but she's making things really difficult by talking to me so rarely. I'd like to have phone calls and conversations and frequent contact since I can't even see her, but she always seems to be too busy. What should I do?

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe she has trouble getting the conversation started. The vast majority of the time my girlfriend texts me first because I have an irrational fear that I'll wake her up or bother her if she's in the middle of something. Or I plain just can't think of anything to talk about. Try messaging her a few times and see how that goes.

Talk to her about it. She may prefer face-to-face interaction and just have trouble carrying a conversation through text. Tell her that you really like her, but you wish that the two of you could talk more.

3. The Spark

Thank you, this is great advice.

4. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you should try telling her how you feel. And see if on occasions if you can talk on the phone, etc.