1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush likes someone else and I feel devestated :(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wilzyax, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Wilzyax

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, I am really confused right now and don't know what I should do. I just feels so lost and it's killing me, really.
    I've got this best friend which I have spent my time with every single day in the last half year. In the start I didn't like him, but as he started to treat me differently, become more touchy and flirtous around me I started to develope feelings for him.
    The problem is that we are both guys, but the way he gives me affiction, the way he touches me, talks to me and cling to me have convinced me that he likes me more than a friend, or at least I thought so until one day ago.
    Yesterday he told me he was crushing on someone else, a girl he didn't knew, a girl he even haven't talked to! And what's really bugging me is that he sounded so sincere when he told me, so I do actually believe him :frowning2:
    So now I just have this sickening feeling, why did he play with my feeling? I wouldn't even had the slightest crush on him if he hadn't started to "flirt" with me and idolize me in the first place. And it makes me so angry that someone else got his heart, some he don't even know! When I am the one who knows him better than anyone, when I have spend every single day with him, talked to him every single night, and when we can do the gayest things around each other, it just don't make sense to me.
    And the saddest part is that my friend looked so hurt when he told me this, like his stupid crush really killed him.
    I tried to be supportive when he told me all this, but now, the next day I just feels so angry and devestated.
    And I just don't know how to move on.
    I really want to keep him as my best friend, but still I feel so angry because he played with my feeling, for so crushing my hopes for some stupid girl he didn't even knew.
    I just feel like crying, wanting to shut myself out of everything. Like going away, isolateing myself from everything. But I know that it wouldn't help, but I am also so afraid to meet my best friend now.
    I am afraid our friendship will be stained, because right now I have so much hatred inside me. I don't want to feel hatred against him, and I don't even know were all my sudden anger comes from...
    Of course he broke me, but still I do not want to hate him, but what if I end up hating him? I don't want to, but I am just so confused.
    He started to tease me and flirt with me five months ago, and he told me he got this crush for five months now. I really want to believe that he meant me, just using her name as a camuflage, but he sounded too sincere, so I won't let myself believe that. But then again I have this anger, when he started to crush on her five months ago, why the hell did he start to flirt with at the same time!
    So what should I do? What if I destroy my friendship with him? Please help, anyone? I just feel so alone and broken :'(

2. poetofdarkness

he probably didn't know he was leading you on, if you look at some of the other stories on here you'll find that heaps of guys went through this with their closest friends, when the guy was actually straight. no you shouldn't destroy your friendship with him, unless it's to painful to stay friends. you need to talk to him, tell him how you feel, and give him your opinion. good luck.

3. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

What she said.

Really, be honest and upfront about it.
    But do bring it up, for your own sake, since this seems to be really eating you up.

There's a good chance you'll manage to stay friends if he really didn't do it on purpose. :slight_smile:

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's probably just straight and didn't know he was giving you those signals. What sorts of "touchy feely" things does he do?

The best thing you can do is move on from him. You should still be his friend if he needs you, but crushing on him will hurt you. You might want to come out to him, if you think it's safe. If you think it's really safe, you could even tell him about the feelings you have/had to see what he says.

I hope you feel better soon!

5. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in the same boat.
    I met this girl and we quickly became best friends. We talked every day, for hours.
    She'd make me compliments and was really nice to me.
    She hugged me a lot and was quite touchy-feely.
    She even told me about how she masturbates and stuff like that :confused:
    I fell madly in love with her.
    Well, she's straight.
    I told her how I feel, and now we don't even talk anymore. And I still love her.