1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Relationship Help!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chierro, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey guys! So I have been talking with this guy I've met online for the past 2 years and 4 months (or less than 2 years...we've had a discrepency about that), and recently when we chat our eventual meeting comes up. We both agreed it will be awkward but I really don't want it to be, I want things to be like just meeting up with a friend. It'll be next summer since he can't even get his license until August, so we'll have been chatting for three years.

Do any of you have any advice on meeting? I mean he makes me so happy, so I want to feel that same happiness when we meet.

2. tulipinacup

Hey, I've been in a LDR too. It seems like 2 years is long enough to know someone online. When I met my then boyfriend at the airport, I thought there was going to be awkwardness too but when we met for the first time, it felt like it was meeting someone you've never seen in forever. Like a best friend or someone you were so close too.

My advice is to just smile and give him a hug if you guys are comfortable with that and If not just shake his hands first.

Good luck!

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It might be awkward at first but if you've been talking for this long then clearly you have a lot in common! Try not to put too much pressure on it. Make plans and go for it. :slight_smile:

I'm in an LDR with a girl that I've been talking to online for four years. We met up for the first time a couple months ago and it was weird but it was also great. Good luck!

4. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say just maybe talk about what you guys would be comfortable with. I'm in an LDR now and me and my girlfriend talk about the day we meet sometimes and what we are okay with doing when we meet each other (hug, kiss, etc). That way at least you know you won't make it too awkward. Aside from that I'm sure it's going to be a little weird at first since you haven't been face to face.