1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A guy I really like, but will it work?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by eps14, Jul 7, 2014.

1. eps14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Alright, I really like this guy who lives around 2 hours away from me. He's really cute, a little younger than me, and our personalities seem to match. The problem is, I am a bit shy and it can be hard for us to hold a conversation. I also made a bit of a mistake in asking him out a while after we met, which ended awkwardly (He didn't really turn me down exactly). We recently started talking again, but our conversations are a little jumpy/random. My friend is urging me to move on, but I just can't stop thinking about him. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do in this situation?

2. wanderinggirl

Are you hanging out in person or online? Online is always tougher. Try finding some activity to do together: do you both like biking? sewing? building things? cooking? fishing? Is there a movie you both enjoy? It sounds like lame advice but it's gotten me pretty far.

I think especially with shy people, it really helps to find an activity to bond over. It gives you something to do so you're not as worried about finding stuff to talk about, and it makes it easier to fill pauses without feeling awkward.

And, if you're hanging out doing an activity together but things still don't seem to click... then move on. Don't force it, but don't give up just yet.

3. The Spark

Well if he doesn't reciprocate your feelings then there really isn't anything for you to do.

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So... is he gay? What happened when you asked him out exactly?

I'd just try to hang out with him more.

5. eps14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I do know he is gay. We hang out online, but I plan on meeting up with him in person sometime soon. We've been talking a lot more in the past few days, which makes me really happy, but it's not to what I'd like it to be (but I'm patient).
    When I asked him out, he said something on the lines of:
    "I'm going through something right now. There is someone who I've been thinking about asking out, but I'm too shy to do so, But I haven't turned you down."

6. Auren

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sounds like he was crushing on someone else when you asked him but that he might still be interested in dating you. It would suck if you're his fall back though.

Still, might be worth seeing if he is interested again if its been awhile since you asked last. Or at least spend some time together in person to get to know each other better. Its hard to know someone online, and familiarity breeds liking.

7. UsernamePending1

Vancouver[Mon-Fri]-Calgary[Sat-Sun], Canada
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel as though the only thing you have to lose is a rejection, and they're bad.. But supposedly manageable!

And plus, the upside is so great, so it's up to you to decide if it's worth the risk