1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No gays?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TylaaG, Jul 8, 2014.

1. TylaaG

TylaaG Guest

Okay im having a bit of a dilema, my group of friends are girls and some of them have been acting 'agressively' towards me, they all know i'm gay, the reason they are being a little mean is to do with conflicting personalities... I know i should just get over it, but it sometimes makes me feel really lonely.. The only other close friends are my 'straight' male friend whom i have feelings for, and my two other friends (2 bi girls). I really feel isolated because although i'm out to everyone, nobody is there to talk to, who understands. I really need someone who is gay/bi male who I can talk to who is on the same page as me.

OK So aside from that depressing description of my life, here is the happy part which I seek advice on;

Two of the girls from my close group of friends, who have been ignoring the agression from the other girls and are still my closest, best friends know a boy from another academy who is gay and out to everyone and really good looking, I really want to start talking to him and possibly become friends with him but im really shy and dont know how to do such things... Should i just try to sort things out with my friends or should I arrange a meet up with him?

2. UsernamePending1

Vancouver[Mon-Fri]-Calgary[Sat-Sun], Canada
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there.. I wish I could answer your question, I really do! But I think you'll have to figure it out :-3.

I would imagine that before you begin dating, that you should try to figure out how to deal with all the dramas with your friends :slight_smile:. A lot of my friends are girls too, and to avoid drama, we just meet in small subgroups when we hang out, so there isn't much chance for personality clashes (plus we can bitch without shame about anyone whose not there!!)

If you try to talk to the good looking guy, and if there's a spark, then ask him out :-3. The worse he can do is reject you, and at 18, that can't be that bad seeing as he's probably the first of many who might accept or reject you (not that I'm any good with rejection, yet I keep placing myself in positions where rejection is a real possibility!..

I hope everything works out, and it might just take some time! I would imagine that any personality clash and cat fights will run it's course but drown out over time :slight_smile:

3. TylaaG

TylaaG Guest

Thanks for the advice David! Im having a day with all of my friends today, hopefully going to the beach, Im going to try to talk to some people in small groups and sort everything out.. Hopefully in the future ill start talking to him and if it doesnt work out then ill brush it off and just brush it off and keep looking :slight_smile:x

4. Greeley

I can help you with the whole gay friend to talk to thing!
    I found 3 good gay friends from the internet who i talk to when i'm feeling sad/confused/looking for advice when i feel like i cant talk to my boyfriend about it.

Internet friends are the best for that stuff because you have no physical commitment but you're always there for each other when needed!

I think you should try and meet the guy. but possibly start out with a group meet up. You, your friends and him (assuming hes friends with them too)