1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moving out of house Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayNurse95, Jul 8, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been treated awful at home recently and want to get out.
    I have a job and Got a phone without telling my parents.
    How do I tell them Im moving out early?
    What should I do if they try to get me
    PS I am 18 years old and have a car under my name.

2. UsernamePending1

Vancouver[Mon-Fri]-Calgary[Sat-Sun], Canada
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry that it feels as though the treatment at home is not that good, though the only support I can offer probably does not amount to much..

I know exactly how you feel, as I moved out of province for college as well, but it did not turn out at all as I expected. Though I imagined that I would find that one person who would love and adore me like before I came out, I never did and I am about half a year from finishing my degree, and I crave being at home every single day as at least I don't have to eat alone and I can one sidedly hug my parents at home!..

I hope that your family stuff fixes itself soon, and if you're adamant on moving out, all the best... I know I can't become self sufficient, as I often lose all desires to live or even take care myself, hence my dependece on home!

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From everything you have said, you NEED to get out of there and your parents have done nothing to create a supportive environment for you. So you owe them a simple statement that you appreciate their support, and you have decided that it is time for you to move out.

Since you are 18, there is nothing they can do to stop you, and given all that you've written in the past, I don't think it's worth even trying to negotiate with them. They will likely pull out every stop they can, using guilt, financial control, and everything else they can muster up. Once you have actually moved out, then the rules change. If they want to see you, it's on your terms, not theirs. So they can learn to respect you and your life choices, or not be involved in your life.

This won't be easy, and there will likely be a period of alienation given their history of controlling behaviors. But almost certainly they will eventually come around.

4. lovely lesbian

I have to agree the way your parents have treated you you need to leave like you said your 18 so your adult and they can't stop you even if they wanted too so good luck! X