1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by UsernamePending1, Jul 8, 2014.

1. UsernamePending1

Vancouver[Mon-Fri]-Calgary[Sat-Sun], Canada
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So.. In the last 72 hours, I've had my first, second, and probably my last date, and I just don't know how to take it..

It all moved by so fast, and I hoped that it would have been more, but even though it wasn't meant to be, how does one move on? While it has taught me that you only have one chance in life (no second shots, and here, I sure blew it).. But just how do i stop myself from being too needy (as the problem was he valued his space >> me).

It just seems as though everything is a spiral and I want to exit! Gah!! A little about myself, 4th year student who's now feeling as though he has a mental capacity <= a squash.

And the worst part is, I know that I'm a mess, and that this is for the best as I'd become too clingy, as that's a matter of time (and something I really want to fix): but since that, I haven't even been able to do anything but exercise endlessly as it helps me wipe my mind blank.. It's not like failing a test when I could cry about it and work harder to do better next time. Is there even a solution or am I just spiralling deeper and deeper into nothing?

Sorry for my rant, I hope y'all are having a good day and remembering to eat lots of fruits!!

PS: I had to repost as I posted the initial request in the wrong form, I'm so sorry about that..

2. UsernamePending1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Erm.. I guess this is not the place to ask, I'm so sorry for all the trouble..

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, it is. I guess people didn't see it or couldn't offer any advice.

I have personally never been in a relationship before, so I can't really tell you anything useful. But I can offer some advice on how to move on.

I usually beat myself up for a lot of things, but know this:

It's NOT your fault!

Some people just aren't meant to click. You have a bad experience with some people, but don't let that stop you. There are people out there who will get along with you very well, and the only way you won't find them for sure is when you give up.

Don't feel guilty. It's not hopeless.

And, I feel like I should apologize that you didn't get any replies sooner. I promise you that people care.

(*hug*)

Sorry for not being able to help anymore.

4. UsernamePending1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^*

I'm just lost thats all.. Bring on the Ice Cream + Gym :/

5. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Funnily enough, I ate ice cream before my exercise, too. But that's sort of off topic, sorry.

I know what you mean about being lost. Can't say I've ever broken up with someone, but I did lose contact with a good friend because she...

Well, actually, I don't know. She just drifted away.

It hurt, and at first, I thought it was my fault. But it really wasn't. We had a good time, yeah, and I would love to be friends with her again, but I think she's changed, and she has even gotten a bit hostile towards me. But I made another friend, and I don't think we'll be cutting contact anytime soon, even if we're going to different schools.

So, I guess I'm trying to say that, even if you feel lost now, you'll find a foothold eventually. You mentioned a gym? If you go there, maybe you can try to make friends with some of the people there.

And, I just read this, but you aren't being needy. Not everyone is the same. I can say I'm one of the people who others call 'clingy,' but honestly, I just think I want a more intimate relationship. A distant (emotional) relationship won't do it for me, and if you're the same way, there's nothing wrong with that. Why should there be?

I know you hate to hear or see this, but be yourself. There are people out there who seek the exact kind of person you are. Don't try to change yourself for others.