1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on one of my best friends...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Salazar, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Salazar

Well everyone, it's time for another one of those posts.

Baaaasically, I just went on a week long holiday with one of my friends, and, in that time, I've managed to get a crush on him. Now I realise there's no way anything will come of it - I'm not a naïve idiot.

My point is how best to deal with it. My best idea is really just to cut him out and ignore him, but he is one of my best friends and it would be pretty obvious that something was going on.

Any ideas?

2. The Dude

Right as I was coming out of the closet, my mom went into rehab for a drug addiction which brought up a lot of emotions. This was a period between March and June 2013. I told my friends about both of these things, but there was only one who I could really talk to. We would hang out without the others, and I would just unload a bunch of shit I was going through, all things I've overcome fortunately.

He was/is my best friend, is pretty cute and was really there for me. Had a huge crush on him at the time. He had a girlfriend and was straight as could be. It sucked. So I kept hanging out with him, and eventually the crush faded. I found that a bit of time solves most of my problems. He'll always be a good friend of mind, and a crush on him wouldn't ruin that. Just sort of a thing that happened that I look back on.

Most crushes come and go, especially if you know it can't/won't work out. So my advise would be to just keep things normal and it'll fade. If it doesn't then maybe try something else, but I feel like letting it pass worked really well for me.

Good luck, keep us posted!

3. ABeautifulMind

Yea, if it is a small enough crush you would just cut him out, I think time will make it pass... obviously im not positive, but that seems like a better option than losing a good friend. Maybe find another to focus your attention on..

And yea, I see alot of those/these posts lol... just be happy you arent in love with him... I see alot of those too...