1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He just disappeared, and I'm having a hard time getting my feelings out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by zahhhaks, Jul 9, 2014.

1. zahhhaks

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well... This is a tough one. I've been talking to this guy I met at Pride for a while. It's been the first time in forever I've had real feelings for someone. We went on a bunch of dates, and had an amazing time at all of them. It was getting to the point where I really thought I loved him. He was so unlike anyone i had ever dated, and was nothing but respectful of my trans status. We had such a great relationship. Then, the day after our last date, I woke up to find a missed call from a number I didn't recognize and a voicemail from the same number. Apparently he'd called me at like 3 in the morning saying that he was at a motel 6 with his dad and siblings because his mom totally lost it and they were all scared and basically his dad was talking about driving them all to California to stay with family there (that's where they're originally from, and it's across the country from me). He probably isn't gonna be able to talk to me for a while, considering he doesn't have a phone and all. He says he's gonna try and come back when he's 18, which is a few months from now, but I'm worried he won't ever be able to. I think the thing that hurt the most was that I didn't get to say goodbye. He told me he loved me for the first time in the voicemail, and sounded so scared and heartbroken. I haven't heard from him since. I really wanna talk to friends or family about this, but for some reason I'm having a hard time doing it. I have a lot of feelings that I'm having a really hard time dealing with and I guess I just? Wanna know how to let my feelings out and let myself be sad as I feel and cry or something instead of just feeling numb and dead. I dunno. I dunno. How do you handle feelings?

2. Acm

Acm Guest

I'm sorry, I hope it works out okay eventually (*hug*)

3. ABeautifulMind

Oh man... this is my absolute worst case scenario, someone asking for help with feelings...

Well, ill see if I can think of anything, but for starters, I REALLY hope things get better... My first thought was trying to arrange a ride to stay with him, or him stay with you just over summer... I dont know if that is possible, but I figured I would suggest it...

As for how to cope with feelings, I have a really hard time coping with any emotions of mine, or understanding any emotions of others.... When I get really bad, I usually take a drive to the beach, stay a few days, and I just write and think... I have a hard time really processing this stuff at home around my friends and family.... they try to be helpful, but with me it just doesnt work... so in other words you may be able to do it at home...

Now when I say write, I mean WRITE... Everything... whatever comes to mind... I think what happens is its like your conscious is too busy controlling your pen and so your subconscious starts spitting out the topics/words... After a few hours I will read what I wrote and I almost always discover something new... Now I know your thinking "how could that help" and i honestly dont know.. but its so helpful to me, I recently (actually last night) started keeping a secret journal at my house (secret meaning i wont let my family see it or they will kno I am/was upset and try to help)...

Beyond that IDK... go for a walk? listen to music? Like I said I SUCK with emotions...

However, what I really wanted to say is that I am sorry this is happening (*hug*)... No one deserves to have a promising relationship shaken like this when you two feel so passionately about each other... I truly hope that he can come back, and hopefully he will be able to call you soon... Please keep us posted and if you need to talk dont hesitate to hop on here and post, everyone needs someone to talk to once in a while...