1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got into something and I'm going to break his heart

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by stumble along, Jul 10, 2014.

1. stumble along

If anyone remembers about that guy I talked about whos 10 years older than me and we clicked really well but because of age and balance issues inwas wary.

Were now boyfriends because I would have lost him otherwise because he kept getting jealous and emotional when I would make time withother fwbs and not him

Granted hes great and fun so I dont necessarily mind being together for the time being but im leaving for 3 months in barcelona, and I told myself (because my friends had to break it off with there SOs and it was messy) I wouldn't get into anything serious

Now you see my pickle, theres no way im going over there not single, so while he thinks theres further potential im sitting on the train and im the only realizing the brick wall of inevitable doom

I guess the tldr is I like him more as a friend and how to break his heart in the least damaging way possible(&&&)

2. Greeley

To make it less painful for him is honesty and sincerity.

Tell him that you feel like it would be unfair on both of you to be together when you're away, especially for him. You respect him too much to ever be unfaithful to him but you can't see how you two could stay together with that much time apart. You'd love to remain good friends and meet up when you're back possibly to make up for lost time and tell him all about the time you had if he is willing to do that.

If he's mature (which being 29 he should be) he will understand and be greatful and thankful that you're honest with him.