1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused of why this guy is treating me like this.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BearLover, Jul 10, 2014.

1. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've recently talked to someone that I was going to meet up with, I kept on sending him messages, they weren't that often but he said that I was putting too much pressure on him, I said I would take the night off work to talk to him and he took it the wrong way saying that I was trying to make him responsible for my work place, I don't understand why he says that.

Well, I kept on sending him messages now and then, it wasn't every day but I made sure that I would keep in touch with him, he says I'm putting too much pressure on him still and that I shouldn't text his phone, even though he gave me a number. I text him asking him to reply one night because I had to make a quick decision whether to go out or not, he didn't reply and I decided to go out, he sent a message saying "difficult to text when I'm asleep.".

He said after that not to text him, he said he would talk whenever he went online but now he's just ignoring me, I've seen that he is purposely ignoring my messages so it looks like he hasn't even seen them, when I said "I take it you're not interested." he opens it instantly but still no reply.

Isn't that a bit sensitive? I was looking forward to meeting up with him and then he decides to give me the cold shoulder once I say one thing he doesn't like, I didn't say anything outrageous and tried to be as nice as possible. I said I was excited to talk to him and so was he but he's now ignoring me, I even ask him if he could tell me if he doesn't want to meet and then he doesn't reply still, it makes me think he's purposely trying to upset me, I'm waiting on him and he knows it, it makes me think that because I prioritized friends over him, he's deciding to cold shoulder me.

I don't understand this guy, he's either 1. Cold shouldering me because I prioritized them over him. 2. Feeling scared about meeting up and nervous. 3. Lost interest. 4. Finds me too clingy. 5. Testing me. 6. Pissed off that I gave him a somewhat pressurising message.

I kind of think it's number 1 because he would reply if he wasn't upset about being seen as my second priority, he was looking forward to meeting up and then I went out so he could of felt a bit hurt from that. It made me feel bad when he went out with his friends about 10 minutes after I talked with him. I said I would lay off if he was feeling pressurised but still he didn't reply, people hurt each other when they are hurt themselves, if he wasn't hurt then why can't he just tell me that he has lost interest?

I said I would like to know if and why he's not interested then he doesn't even say anything, purposely ignoring me. It's not down to being busy, it doesn't take that long to reply.

#1 BearLover, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  2. Hyaline

Everything you wrote seem to make it clear that he isn't wanting anything to go further. It's far to easy to misconstrue information over Text/IM.

I would move on.... if he is not on the same page as you, then it won't work out no matter how much you might like him...

3. ABeautifulMind

I am so confused. I have no idea the background here, ex bf, just met, best friends, etc.

But I will say that it seems like maybe the hard truth is that you need to move on.

I mean, unless this is an extended relationship, but from context clues I think it has not been a long one.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with the others. Either he got cold feet for one reason or another, or you came on too strongly. If this is an older guy, maybe he came to his senses and realized that a relationship with someone younger didn't make sense.

In any case, I think the best choice is to move on.

5. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not a relationship that we are having, I was going to be a friend of his with benefits. He goes out all the time and sometimes just ignored my messages but replied at a later date. This time he has taken longer to reply though, it's been a few weeks since he sent the last message.

6. Hyaline

Yeap, even with the added info, I am going to suggest you move on. You might try not coming on quite so strongly. FWB are typically go with the flow kinda things and not talking for months for some of those FWB situations isn't unusual.

But I suspect you probably blew it with this one.. Plenty of fish in the sea... go out and keep looking..

7. offmychest

offmychest Guest

i only read the first couple of paragraphs. what you need to do is stop contacting him as he has made it VERY clear he does not want to hear from you. also, people sometimes start to like you and then they can quickly stop liking you. you will never know why. it could be because he is busy at work and realized he does not have time for the relationship, it could be because his ex is back in the picture, it could because you did something to annoy him that you did not know you did, it could be because there's a full moon tonight and he is a werewolf. my point is, stop trying to figure out why he is no longer into you and accept that he is not into you and move on.

8. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm, isn't that funny. He actually wants to meet me at a gay club on thursday, he didn't reply for some reason but he still wants to meet. He purposely ignored all my messages but now he wants to meet. I thought maybe he didn't actually want to give up on me, he would of told me from the messages I was sending him.

Well, It seems as if he only wants to talk offline, maybe that's an older man thing.