1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom lost her job and we might end up losing our house .

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by stocking, Jul 10, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Today my mom lost her job , so she's going to be home more which is one of my worst fears , I'm thinking of getting two jobs joining something so I will hardly be home . it's almost time for our rent and she has paid it I think , but for next month were in trouble and will end on the street . I have repeatedly warned my mother about this and to save money for a new place in case this one fails and she has not listened to me and told me to mind my own business , she spent money on things we did not need like a new bed , new clothes for her and shoes (my mother has more clothes than my dad and I put together ) and other stuff that were very expensive my dad has warned her as well and she has not listened to him . She has also been buying things that we had no knowledge of ;Now she's crying out that she will not have money to pay the rent . She was pretty much fired from her job for taking vacations she didn't take a lot but she took one week off when her job told her not to and i had warned her that a week off which was really almost 2 weeks was too much , she has been rude to her bosses because I heard her have conversations with them on speaker and yelled at them and they have grown fed up with her and found a way to firer her, my mom hardly ever takes vacations but she has been rude . Now my dad and I are stuck with her at home for a while and I don't know how I'm going to cope .
    The sad part about this is this has happen to us a lot because of my mom we end up getting kicked out of places for failing to pay the rent , she will blame my dad and sometimes me even though I work and pay parts of the rent when she can't fill in her share , I don't do it anymore because I'm using my money to save up for my own place . I found out that my mom has been taking money and buying things she wants with it a few years back she brought an ipad and bam we couldn't pay the rent and ended up getting kicked out . This has been a pattern with her no matter where we go we can't seem to stay anywhere at first I use to think my dad was the problem but i realized my mom is, she hides the things she buys on her job and she orders stuff from the tv . I feel like I might have been better off on my own instead of this it's a shame I don't have money because I would leave in a heart beat and I feel like kicking my own ass for helping my mom with the rent . I have also told her to look for other places with cheaper rent but she has not listened either .
    sorry guys I had to rant .:tantrum: and I know she'll say it's me and my dad's fault for this when my dad too sick too work now . :tears:

2. duende84

Have you thought of "breaking away" from home and stay in your own little place?

You are not alone. Bite on hard. Situations like this usually brings out the best in you and bolsters you to become more vigilant of such situations and how to avoid it in future.

3. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry for what happened.(*hug*)
    If you were in my country I'd let you live in the spare room for free!

4. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :frowning2:

(*hug*)

I'm so sorry.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers; especially you and your dad.

It sounds like your mom really has some serious problems.

I do agree with Duende that trying to break away soon is probably the healthiest possible option for you.

And if you're able to do that, you can always offer your dad a place to stay with you, if the situation gets impossible for him, too.

I think your mom needs to experience the fallout from her own behaviours and choices, to ever get better...and she's had rescuers (victims, really) saving her from those natural consequences for far too long.

*hug* Praying for you.

5. Greeley

Your mum sounds like she needs a "slap in the face". Not physically but mentally. Say that you're sick of her being like this, that SHE IS the reason that you're having a hard time, it IS her fault that this is happening and that SHE IS in the wrong.

I think she needs this harsh reality to try and kick her into gear. And realise that she is obviously doing something wrong.

6. IceKunoichi

It sound's like she may have a shopping addiction.
    I hope things work out.Maybe if you guys start looking now you can find a small apartment or something just to stay in until the money problems are solved.I know how hard it is to finally move out on your own.There is so many things you have to get to make sure you can live on your own.But in the end you will be happy knowing that you will not have to depend on anyone else but yourself.And i'm sure these hard times will make it to wear you are good with money.because you seen and experienced the things that happen.Always have money in savings for emergency's.That's what i learned when i lost my job.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You guys are right but I really don't want to end up on the streets , I just don't get why she doesn't put a side money. Now I'm wondering if she took some of the the money , I gave her for rent to buy stuff
    Seems like my life is getting out of control,even though I tried to do everything right

#7 stocking, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  8. Really

Could you look for shared accommodations? Do you have a college or university nearby where students might be living off campus? That might be a cheaper option. I know you're a bit older than them but it might means they'd be more easygoing with your sexuality and would get you out of the house.

9. Candace

I mean, I hate that your mom brought this upon herself and didn't listen at all. I would try to find a smaller place and apply for as many jobs as you can. This is really extremely crucial and your mom can't be living in this fantasy world where nothing's going to happen. She needs to do whatever. Sell some stuff off in order to make ends meet, pay for rent, and food on the table? Yes, if that's what you have to do, then do it. I think that it's great you're taking up so much responsibility, yet at the same time, this is something that your mom must do as well. If you pay the rent for her and provide for the both of you, then how is she ever going to learn?