1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He wants to break up but get back together in 2 years...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Pusheen, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Pusheen

Pusheen Guest

Hello everyone.

Today is my 4 month anniversary for my long-distance relationship. He and I love each other very much.
    However, he's been busy recently. Like, barely any time to have some time to himself. He is telling me the truth about what he does. He's taking care of a 3 year old cousin who's autistic with a lung infection. And he has 2 younger siblings.

His mom works a lot, and his aunt does as well. That's why he needs to watch them.

About a few days to a week ago, he wanted to take a break in our relationship. I didn't want to, and, with this and a few other things before, we got into a huge fight.

We're ok now, but it's kinda awkward.

A few hours ago, we talked a bit casually. Then, we decided to continue talking about the relationship break...

My boyfriend 'J' decided that since he won't be able to talk a lot, he wants to break up for now and get back together later on.

I asked him how long it would be until we get back together. He told me about two years because his 3 year old cousin will be going to preschool in two years.

I understand that J would be busy, but I didn't think it would be so long...

idk what to do now...
    I love J very much, and he loves me a lot too. But idk though. Will the two years be worth it?

Also, are there any ideas how we would be able to communicate more?

P.s. I just turned 13 and he's 15, and I live in California and he lives in Texas, so there's a 2 hour time difference.

2. Pusheen

Pusheen Guest

*Update*

I've asked 2 friends about what to do. 1 told me that the 2 years will fly by, and that the wait will be worth it. However, the other told me it's best to end it because J and I will drift apart, find new people, etc.

I still want to be with J though, and I don't know what the best choice to make is though. :tears:

3. HTBO

If you really love each other that much than 2 years will not be that long to wait, even though it seems like it now. If you do drift apart, than chances are that will probably happen anyways. Sometimes the hardest thing to do when you love someone is think about what's best for them instead of you. He has a lot to deal with right now, and seems to be mature enough to understand that a relationship is too much at this point. He sounds like a reasonable, responsible and caring person, and respecting his wishes will show him how much you do love him.
    I know you may not understand this because you want to rely on how you feel. That is completely understandable. The thing is both of you are very young, and you will grow and mature, and may become different people from who you are now. The type of people you like and how you want to live your life will change over the years as you do. In two years, one or both of you may be very different and not feel the same, regardless of whether you stay together or not. The fact that he is taking on such responsibility at a young age, and from the sounds of it, accepts the responsibility will change the kind of person he is in the next two years. Nothing is for sure, and part of loving someone, and loving yourself is allowing that space to grow. If you guys are meant to be together, than in two years, it will happen.

4. Pusheen

Pusheen Guest

Thank you for telling me this. :slight_smile:

5. Pusheen

Pusheen Guest

He... He broke up with me.
    Even though he told me we'll get back together in 2 years, it's hard to deal with this break up.
    And idk how things'll be then...
    I'm just... I know it'll help him...
    But... I'm just... sigh...

#5 Pusheen, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  6. Acm

Acm Guest

(*hug*)

7. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since you guys are broken up just take some time for yourself. If I was in your situation I would just let whatever happens happen. If within the two years you do meet someone see what happens between you two. If you and J are ment to be together it will work itself out in the end.

8. robclem21

You are soooo young. At 13 you shouldn't have to worry about dealing with long-distance online relationships. You should be out having fun with your friends and fooling around with people in person. I am sorry that you have to go through this because it is tough to break up, but at your age this is the best thing for you trust me. Don't waste your youth waiting for a guy, go have fun and date and mess around. You will find someone else trust me.

9. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww I remember this feeling a lot, at thirteen the world seems very small and those online relationships you build are hard to find in your daily life because gay people dont seem as common in school.

I promise this will pass, its hard because you grow attached to talking to people especially if you lack that sort of relationship in person. I would suggest staying away from relationships right now and focus on school and your friends. You have so much time to date when your a little older. This all sounds horrible because I remember being told it too, but I hope you see how good it will be to just figure yourself out for a bit then let the rest happen naturally.

Hope you're well, x