1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open relationships?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nogitsune, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Nogitsune

Out Status:
    Some people
    Does anyone here have experience with being in an open relationship? I ask because my current SO and I are in one. The open part really only comes into play at these camping "events" we attend. One or both of us may have multiple partners at these events. The girls he sleeps with usually don't bother me. There is this one exception, however.

He originally met this girl around the same time he met me. (about a year ago) She popped up again about 3 months ago, and he asked if I was cool with him flirting with her. I said it was okay. I knew the girl by reputation, but hadn't actually met her. Then she started leaving messages on his FB about how she feels about him and how she's looking for "true love". I know he talks to her, and I know that's all he can do, really. (She lives states away.) But she makes me feel weird. Jealous, protective, I don't know what to call it. I feel like she wants to be more than an "event girl".

I haven't brought it up with him yet because I want to make sure I'm not overreacting. But I know if I don't talk to someone about this, it's just going to fester and stew. :help: