1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting other gay girls for friendship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Squib, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Squib

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,

So I've not been on here for ages. Basically after a long time of being very much in denial and in the closet I've finally accepted my sexuality and am a lot happier for it. Loving the fact I don't have to pretend anymore! So liberating. But I've found I'm feeling a bit isolated/lonely at the moment as I don't have any other gay friends to get a bit more involved with the community or just having people who understand etc.

I'm 23 and am basically clueless as to how to meet other gay girls. Any advice? How do you guys find is the best way? There's very little on offer as far as clubs go, but is that the best way anyway? I feel like I'm so behind and useless with this because I'm late coming out to myself...

2. HTBO

You're not late in coming out, I'm 37 and there are others who are older :slight_smile: I have met some friends using online dating sites. It's a good way to find people who have similar interests and to choose who you want to talk to. You could also look for LGBT activities in your area or join LGBT group at local university.

3. Squib

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah I've tried the online dating sites...didn't really come up with much though. Which ones sis you find helped? I'm hoping to get involved with my uni LGBT group once it starts up again in September (I'm thinking that'll probably be the best way) but I'm being impatient I guess haha.

Thanks for the advice...I'm going to have a look and see if there are any local support groups etc. that may be helpful

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

Uni group is the best way, imo, since that's an option available to you soon. Congrats! I hope to be where you are soon c: