1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Roxas101, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Roxas101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey all,

So I am going to jump straight to the point here. My bi friend, who I have been friends with for ten years or so since the beginning of high school, recently asked me if I want to move in with him. I honestly have no idea if I should or not, for a number of reasons, but I'll try and explain it all to you guys, so you can understand my dilemma.

This is a guy that I used to, and admittedly still do, have feelings for. I haven't told him such to his face, but I'm sure he knows that. He's just not the kind of guy who really likes to talk about that kind of stuff. We've always been pretty close, and we've kept in touch since school. We've never actually dated or really done anything further than mess around, but that brings me to the main reason I hesitate to say yes and just go ahead and do it even though I would want to. He is bi. Not gay, very much bi.

The main reason we never actually dated was because he was dating the girl who was, at the time, one of my best friends. That was maybe 4 or 5 years ago now. They have 2 children together, but have now been separated for over a year and the girls live with her. I don't know if I should pursue something with him, especially considering how much she dislikes me now. It wouldn't surprise me if part of why they broke up in the first place is because she didn't like him spending time with me, and I feel guilty for that.

What do I do? Do I say yes? This is a guy I really like, and have likes for a long time, but the circumstances around it all seem so confusing. I mean, he wants me to move in with him but I don't know whether he just wants that as a friend, or even what I mean to him really. We probably just need to have that talk we keep putting off, but I don't want to have it because I'm scared it will ruin what we do have. :help:

Honestly just looking for an unbiased pair of eyes and a voice on this. Be as harsh as you like. :slight_smile:

2. Auren

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't think that you should worry too much what people think. People are going to assume that he is secretly gay and that that is the reason why his relationship with her didn't work out.

The real issue is for him to know or decide what he wants with you two. I'm guessing that since he is asking you to move in- unless it is a financial decision- he probably wants more than just friendship.

If you're not comfortable moving in, it might be best to avoid it unless you can clear up that uncomfortableness.