1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I meet guys that are my type ?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by legitawesome17, Jul 15, 2014.

1. legitawesome17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Most gays out to family and friends are the really flamboyant ones. I observe that
    they're the most unapologetic to society about being gay. More power to them.*
    Not anyone can be out like that.*

Unfortunately,they're not someone I'd date no matter how I try. I tried to be
    open minded and once went out with a flaming gay guy.I felt like I was dating
    a woman emotionally.I don't want to feel that way when I'm with men ever*
    again.But IDK how to meet the guys I want who also happen to be my age*
    (I'm 18 but I'd go for 2 years younger to 6 years older than me).I'm mostly*
    attracted to "bros" who are just young men guys like me who just happen*
    to be gay.Guys I can play soccer or workout with

It just gets frustrating when all the guys I meet that I like always turn out straight.
    I've pretty much exhausted my options in this city. I dont want to do online and apps.
    I've been to gay pride and to lgbt youth centres. To no avail. The only thing I havent
    tried is the gay bar but will I find guys my age there? I've even asked female straight
    friends and they say pretty much every gay they know is fem except me.

P.S I made a similar forum but not enough answers

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd agree with you about the apps because those tend to be more focused on hookups, but online dating can give you a sense of what the guy is like from the safety of your computer. That's how I met my bf, and neither of us is fem. I'd give that a try...look through some profiles and see if there's anyone who sounds like the kind of person you'd like to go on a date with.

Another option would be social sports leagues. I have some gay friends in other cities who are involved in those. That might be a good option for you too. If you live in a large enough city, there's probably a league or a team or something like that.

3. etcetera

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ya I get where you're coming from. I'm living in the middle of nowhere at the moment and the only gay guys who live around here are a bit too flamboyant for my taste (don't get me wrong, it's the people who have the guts to flaunt their sexuality who got the upcoming referendum on gay marriage in my country to go ahead). But to be honest they're just not my type. I was raised with 2 brothers, played rugby, basketball, and a ton of other sports. I'm big into weight lifting, and can be pretty emotionally stoic (probably not my finest quality).
    I did have one friend who seemed perfect and was bi, except he's from a pretty insular, religious part of the country and ended up getting in a relationship with a girl to hide his sexuality.
    I've been to pride, and to a few gay bars. Like you, I had no luck. The bars were good craic, but I was by far the youngest person their.
    I'm starting college in September and hopefully there'll be more guys like me in the uni LGBT society.

4. etcetera

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Also, for some guys, being really camp can come across as confidence, which is really attractive.