1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't move on...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by maselalala, Jul 15, 2014.

1. maselalala

So I ended a two month relationship three months ago. I have dated since, but I still have feelings for this boy... I still love him, and I still remember the pain he caused me when he dumped me. I did make mistakes in the relationship, but I think normal human beings would try to move on, but I'm having a hard time with that. I know for a fact he wasn't the greatest guy to be with, but I only see MY mistakes and only MY mistakes. My mom AND aunt have even described him as a "punk", but I look at myself, and see so many mistakes that I've made. I need help moving on... Is there ANY advice for me? It'd be much appreciated... I can't go on with my life being like this...

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you have really, really intense feelings for someone, I truly believe that a part of you never stops loving that person, even when the feelings die down or the relationship ends. So you're not alone in that. And as for seeing what you did wrong a whole lot more clearly than what he did, you're far from alone on that one too.

Bottom line: what you're feeling right now is perfectly normal. Take it easy on yourself.

3. maselalala

4. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Three months isn't that long. Give yourself time, it'll get better. There's always different stages in getting over a failed love affair, the first is blaming yourself, but eventually you'll start to see his mistakes, too. I've pined away for someone for far longer than three months, but managed to get over it in the end.