1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family is not understanding,what a surprise (not)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by aspie musician, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Now that I am officially out to family members,I now actually know that most of them do not really care about me being happy.I pretty much expected this response and in a way it comes as a relief.I suppose I pretty much got sick and tired of the ''when are you getting a girlfriend'' question.The fact that my mom ''accepts'' me but wants me to not give an honest answer does not come as too much of a surprise either.And now that quite a number of people have decided to not speak to me again I actually feel okay with it.At least now I know who is worth my time in life and who is not.

Instead of wanting to go back into the closet the reactions pretty much had the opposite effect and it actually feels like a burden has been lifted since I pretty much do not care what others may/may not say behind my back.

Its pretty sad that the people closest to me have such a reaction while the very few that matter view it as trivial.Its actually pretty ridiculous since it was pretty much clear from the beginning in any case.

It seems that to be loved and accepted by family I should become this great pianist,get married,have a few kids,etc.

Well I have come to the point where I realized that trying to live up to what others want is pointless and destructive.

At the end of the day I know what is best for me.

2. Gabe92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's great to hear, I believe that one of the worst things a person can do is believe that others know what is better for you than yourself.

---------- Post added 17th Jul 2014 at 09:29 AM ----------

Sorry I misspoke there. It's good that you are moving on and accepting that you need to make you own life.