1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do get over a straight girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lezzy, Jul 18, 2014.

1. lezzy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been In love with a straight girl for 2 years. She disrespects me, thinks I'm gross,ignores me, and hates me. I still have a huge crush on her no matter what. She has messed up my life. Any tips and help.:icon_bigg

2. girlpower

I know its tough:slight_smile: but i'd say, if she disrespects you, you have to start respecting yourself and tell yourself there is a lot more to life. I dont know how two of you are connected and how often you two see each other, but my advice would be to ignore her as much as you can. if you are texting/calling her.. STOP right away:slight_smile: trust me it'll work/help. Try start spending and taking more time out for the things you love to do.. Reading.. Playing.. Movies.. Music.. etc.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Wow, she sounds like she's being horrible to you. You deserve better. Just try to keep your distance and focus on other things until your mind forgets her. It'll take time, but it can be done (speaking of someone who's been in that position of liking someone...but no one this disrespectful).

4. wanderinggirl

This is dead on! Why do you devalue yourself? I think if you can love someone who thinks this way about you, then you must agree with them to some extent. But here's the thing... your perfect dream girl is WRONG. so wrong. I mean I don't know you, but she has no right to think of you as gross or be mean to you. It doesn't matter if you are or aren't, nobody has that right.

And if you guys did get together, would she respect your friends? Your parents? Her parents? Would she be an admirable person in any way? What do you like about her?

Getting over the straight ladies is hard, and we have to look for their flaws in order to detach ourselves emotionally; but in this case, it's easy. You know her faults: her biggest of which she is mean to you. Don't give her the satisfaction of groveling over her.

5. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi lezzy,
    I don't understand how you can be in love with someone who disrespects you, I have to be honest and say, I would term what you are feeling as 'infatuation' rather than 'love'. I think that you just need to get out and meet some new people, strike up a friendship with a girl who does respect and like you, and that is how the old passion will eventually die off, and you will be freed from an attachment that frankly isn't going to satisfy you, but will only bring you pain and frustration. I hope I have not caused any offense, I sincerely am wishing you well here, but I have to be 'direct'.

She is not 'messing up your life', rather it is your clinging to a dream that cannot be fulfilled that is messing up your life. One day you will meet someone who not only respects and accepts you as you are, but actually loves you for it. Then you will really know what love feels like, and I hope that comes true for you soon.
    '
    Damien. :slight_smile:

6. MissRanger

MissRanger Guest

I remembered a quote from The Perks of Being a Wallflower that says "We accept the love we think we deserve." How can you love someone who clearly doesn't treat you with love and respect? How can you allow someone to walk over you like that? Come on you can do better. You need to have some self-esteem and tell yourself that you are better than that and you deserve so much more.

I don't know it seems to me that you are infatuated with her rather than "in love". I don't understand how you can love a terrible person like that. First ask yourself why do love her? I think you are crushing on her for the wrong reasons. It takes time to forget on someone whom you "love". Ignore and avoid her as much as possible, overtime you'll stop thinking about her. Occupy yourself with people who truly loves you. Don't go sulking around for an unworthy girl, live your life and move on :grin: There are plenty of other girls out there and I hope you find someone who truly loves you. Best of luck