1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I start a relationship with this girl?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by unspecified, Jul 18, 2014.

1. unspecified

I hope I'm posting in the correct area of this forum, should that not be the case, I apologize.

I've never had an official relationship except for one of those first grade romances, haha. I have fooled around with guys but I don't think it's for me.

The girl in question is one I've known for a while now, we're good acquaintances. I'm pretty sure she's gay even though she's never pointed it out explicitly. I'm also pretty sure she's interested in me, which again, she's never expressed directly, but I'm relatively confident about it as I usually read people correctly.

Therefore, I feel that were I to initiate something, she would respond positively; no problem there.

The truth is, though, that I don't actually like this girl the way I feel she likes me. The sole two things that make her attractive to me are the fact that she is probably gay and the fact that she seems strongly interested in me, which I admit is good for my ego. However, I've never had a relationship with a girl before and that makes the possibility even more attractive, even though I feel that I would be likely to hurt her because I would pretty much be using her genuine affection to see what it feels like.

I am, however, one of those people that has a tendency to take a liking to people after becoming involved with them, be it a friendship or more, so there is a chance that the result would be genuine affection on both parts.

I realize that this is all based on speculation; feel free to do or do not treat it as such.

Should I start a relationship with this girl?

I would definitely like to be more than acquaintances as I like her personality, but I have to decide whether I want to initiate a relationship or friendship, as they require different approaches in my opinion.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I think you should sort out your feelings before you make a move. If you enter a relationship with her, she could get really hurt if you realize you didn't really like her and just liked how she made you feel. Maybe start slow, just be friends?

3. littlemonster11

I agree, take it slow. You said y'all are good acquaintances. Try to spend more time with her to the point you consider her a friend. And if you notice that you genuinely like her personality and see that there's some attraction towards her, then you can try to start a relationship with her.