1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend Being Sent to Gay Therapy!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by chrisg, Jul 19, 2014.

1. chrisg

Hello all,
    Please forgive me for being a lurker for the last few years. I've been chatting with a guy from ******* who's just about to go off to school, and we have become friends. However, his parents have decided to have him see some pastor for "counseling"--reparative therapy--in just a couple of days. He is worried about being cut off financially from his family, as he has no support from them. Is there any advice I can give or action I can take as a friend?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, if he's concerned about getting cut off, I'd just tell him to lie his ass off to the pastor, tell him that he was just considering it and that since praying abou it, he's realized it was just a questioning phase.

That's totally disingenuous and involves lying to his parents, but as far as I'm concerned, any parents who are big enough pieces of crap that they're willing to cut off their kid's college and future life opportunities basically justifies getting lied to.

3. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Chip, tell him to lie, lie, lie. It is so sad to see things like this. His parents are not taking care of him or even reading their Bible if they are doing this. There is the verse in 1 Timothy that show this.

1 Timothy 5:8 (NIV)

8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.