1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women are SCARY!!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Budweiser, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Budweiser

So, I've begun to realize more that I really want to date a women. I decided to check out a dating sight because I tread new waters slowly and the internet is a comfortable place, plus no one to go to bars with. Anyway, so I'm looking at these pictures and I am gripped with fear...

They are all so pretty!! My skin is so bad.. I have a lot of scarring on my face from brutal ache and I get ache a lot still. I look at the young women shopping in the store I work at and they have good skin, too.

It's just a completely new world... with guys, all you have to do is exist and they line up. Girls... you have to approach them, and... I don't know!! I don't know what you do x.x what do you do?

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is pretty nerve racking. When I first decided to take the plunge and create a profile on a dating site, I instantly freaked out and decided to hide my profile. I thought I was ready to test the waters, but I was too scared. I'd constantly compare myself to the girls who I found attractive, and I'd find a reason, any reason not to send them a message.

I'm not sure what changed (then again, maybe it was the alcohol that gave me a little courage one night), but I decided to send this girl a message. We had so much in common that I couldn't miss out on the opportunity and to my surprise, she replied faster than I could sober up. Which was a good thing, because had it taken her any longer, I would have freaked out and hid my profile again.

She and I actually hit it off and we dated for like a year. So, it's all about taking chances, even though I know how scary it is to take that first step. It took some liquid courage for me (which I do not recommend), but it made me feel more confident in myself. I think I am pretty attractive and I figure if someone does not like you or find you attractive then so be it. There are too many women out there who'd love to be with you. We all have flaws and no one is perfect.

If you're insecure about something then find a way to change it. There are all kinds of acne products on the market these days. However, some break out your skin even worse, so please be careful. Also, cocoa butter helps with acne scars, so give it a try. But honestly, having acne is so insignificant, and I'm sure everyone has had acne at some point in their lifetime. If someone dislikes you for having acne then they are not the one for you. So, take a chance, you will be glad that you did :slight_smile:

#2 pinklov3ly, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  3. HTBO

There will always be people who find you attractive. I've done the online dating and met a couple of friends. One of them I wouldn't be too upset in the future if we were more than friends. I began talking to her before I knew what she looked like since she didn't have a photo and I liked her as a person and had a lot in common with her. I don't think it would have mattered how she looked I would have thought she was beautiful because we already had a connection (she is beautiful :slight_smile:) I know it's a common response, but be yourself. This may sound stereotypical about women being emotional, but we are feeling people and we need connections that go beyond the physical. Find someone who has similar interests and values, and don't expect to find a girlfriend. Look for friends and see what develops from that, and have fun.

4. pcsantos

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree, dating women is pretty scary but you'll soon find out that it's more than worth it. I've never tried online sites but I think it's a great way to meet women who like women (my favorite type of people :wink: ). Do it once and you'll slowly build up confidence. Good luck!

5. Budweiser

Thank you for the responses everyone.

coca butter!!! I have a huge thing of that I hope it works thanks so much!!!!

I guess I'm just to used to being on the receiving end of everything. I accidentally set my profile to seeking men and those entire 10 minutes before I could fix it I got THREE messages from guys. Since switching it to girls, I've messaged a few and heard nothing back. I figure finding someone will require effort now, and not just calling the next in line (I hope that doesn't make men sound bad... sorry men!! Love you).

But they're all just so much prettier than me. Maybe they wear make up and do their hair... I don't do that stuff too much so I don't have any great pictures lol.

6. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe they know how to photoshop? :grin:

7. HTBO

We're used to attracting guys, experts at it. Women is completely different. It will probably take awhile to get used to it. Don't change how you look or act, you want to attract people who like you for you and not for someone that you're not. It can't be that difficult, right?

8. thekillingmoon

From my observation men are more visual and focused on appearance, while women are willing to overlook appearance imperfections provided that you have a great personality. That's what makes it harder though cause it's not enough to look good, you have to be not boring and confident and make them laugh. You also have to consider that there are a lot more straight men than lesbians. So it's not going to be easy.

9. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just remember jus because someone is beautiful on the outside doesn't mean they are the same on the inside. I find myself being attracted to a girl who I have more in common with than just looks. My experience I thought someone was pretty and as soon as I got to know the real person hell I wanted to jump ship because she was just horrible to others. In other words, someone can look amazing, but damn if their personality sucks then I am done.

10. HTBO

Exactly what I think. It's much more important to me who the person is on the inside. The more attracted I am to that, the more beautiful the person will seem to me on the outside. I need someone I can connect with.