1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he a friend? Can i trust him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Greeley, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Greeley

Ok so this guy online i talk to (lets call him J) is a pretty awesome guy, we're very like-minded, he started messaging me on tumblr and we instant became friends. We abuse each other (as a joke) and hes pretty witty. I feel no attraction to him other than the fact hes just a "bro".

My boyfriend who i love very much thinks i am a naive person when it comes to gays because i've only been out for about a year and still don't know what some gays are like.
    I'm stupidly trusting, i trust anyone and everyone easily if i think theyre cool.

Anyway. Me and J have been talking on WhatsApp for about 3 weeks now and my boyfriend says hes probably only talking to me because hes gay and wants me. But then this weekend my boyfriend saw the stuff me and J talk about and hes realised that we really just talk about stupid shit and abuse each other for laughs so he doesn't feel threatened at all (also that J had been cheated on in his previous relationship and would never put anybody else through that) And since that happened to my boyfriend too with his Ex, he sympathises with him.

I decided to put J to the test and ask him if he wanted a pic of me naked. He declined and said that it was wrong because i had a boyfriend which obviously i was really relieved because it shows that he is a really good guy.

So after my boyfriend left my house yesterday (we see each other every weekend) J asked me if i was seeing him next weekend and i said no because hes away somewhere and im going to be bored for the weekend. J then completely threw me off guard saying that hes not working this weekend either and was wondering if we wanted to meet up?!

Bearing in mind i've only been talking to him for about a month. He lives somewhere on the outskirts of manchester and i live near Peterborough area. thats a good 3 hour drive... So that means hes will to drive 3 hours down for 1 day and back for another 3 hour drive just to see me for a laugh?!

Please tell me im not the only one that finds this fishy?

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see nothing wrong with it. You've become friends and he wants to meet up. I'd suggest meeting somewhere in public just to be sure, but I say go ahead.

3. tulipinacup

Given the information you mentioned, I don't think he's a bad guy at all but just because he refused to see your "nude photo" doesn't automatically mean that he has any intentions at all.

I do think that this is something you should mention to your boyfriend even though he is relieved with the conversations he read between you and him and whether or not the plan is to meet up together.

4. PrettyConfused

I doubt he has any ulterior motive or even if he did, I don't think it's one he would take to the next level or pursue. I do think it's more likely that he's trying to get closer to you on a platonic level. Telling your boyfriend about this would definitely be a good idea though since I believe communication and honesty are imperative in a healthy relationship.

5. Greeley

Oh i told him immediately as soon as he sent me the message lol.

He's quite open minded about it, he thinks its all ok (WHICH IS SURPRISING SINCE HE LITERALLY TRUSTS ZERO GAYS) but i don't know i could see it being a bit strange with him in person, i am terrible with awkward silences. I get bored and i'd feel like it's a date. If i was to actually meet up with him i think i'd want to meet up with him WITH my boyfriend rather than without.