1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice about an old friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gagaguy, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Gagaguy

Gagaguy Guest

okay so back in January I was talking to this kid... well I mean I met him online but like I messaged him in the middle of January id say like January 20th and we talked for like 10 minutes then stopped talking that day.. the next day he messaged me so I wrote back and we started talking from there on we talked from around January 20th - mid April so abt 2 and a half months and here's what happened he lived like 45 minutes away from me but he told me when we first started talking he dated a guy that lived about the same distance but they ended up breaking up and he has a car and license and a job... were both the same age 17 & we talked and we was actually an amazing guy.. we always had a convo going and we talked everyday even when he didn't have his phone we'd talk on twitter & I began to like him and fall for him as time went on... I didn't decide to tell him I had a crush on him till like Beginning of April and he was like "OMG I have the same crush on you too <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3" literally it was like that many hearts but ya kno I got happy cause I really liked him and stuff.. then everything was going fine and like 3 days later it was a Friday and he goes out with his old neighbor I guess... then by that sunday they were a couple.. & I was like ya kno wtf?? cause he led me on this whole time with stuff like "your so funny <3" "Come cuddle with me" "your so cutee" blah blah blah and I messaged him and was like " really?? your gonna talk to another guy now when you led me on like that" & he was like "your a great guy and I really really like you but if you lived closer itd be completely different your an awesome guy and I still wanna be really good friends" so I continued talking to him like we always talked nothing like couple wise but just how I talk and he seemed like he aint wanna talk anymore everytime I messaged him hed be like "hey im on the phone with my friend and I don't feel good" and he told me that multiple times I even asked to hang out because ive never met him before and I mean I think I waited a good while to ask to hang out.. we talked for almost 3 months and he was like "well see." which was a no without saying exactly "no" & I kinda felt like he used me to fill whatever loneliness he had at the time until a boyfriend came along cause once he got a BF he didn't really talk as much to me anymore. And ya I was mad I was mad for quite a while that like he just led me on knowing I really liked him and the fact he knew he didn't wanna be together soo me being stupid I like said shit on his Instagram commenting stuff like "wow you would do that... " etc. & of course he blocked me from everything but I don't think he blocked my number.. and for some reason these past like 2 weeks hes been on my mind but im not really mad at him anymore I just wanna be friends again with him and still be able to talk to him.. I guess you could say I miss talking to him but Im kinda scared if I text him apologizing hes gonna be like "Fuck you bye" and stuff.. but idk why hes been on my mind lately.. should I just not message him or..?

hope I can get some input thanks!!! :slight_smile: btw he does like like 45 minutes away

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i would say hes probably not worth it, dude if he lived 45 minutes from you and wanted to be with you he would have

3. Candace

He lived 45 minutes from you. He couldn't take the time to come out and visit you?

I feel really bad that he led you on and then kinda pulled the rug from out under you by getting a boyfriend. Anyway, if I were you, I wouldn't message him at all. He's not worth your term nor the chronic heartbreak. Do you want a repeat of this scenario?

4. Vampire

What the posters above said is exactly what I would want to say, with one addition:

If you really, REALLY, REALLY (okay, enough really's) want to apologize to him, it's never too late to apologize. If you do eventually decide to apologize and he goes "Fuck you bye" as you said, don't even bother thinking about him again. Whatever you decide to do, be careful.

Lots of love,
    Andy