1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to increase a woman's confidence in a relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by fluffybunnies, Jul 22, 2014.

1. fluffybunnies

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm in a relationship with a woman who is a bit messed up and lacking in confidence from her experiences. I might be the newbie with women but I feel like I've got to go some way to help her with her issues. She's been in relationships where she's had to keep the peace and almost sacrifice part of herself to maintain them. Last relationship was with a someone who told her that "you're the boy", and any compliment I try to give her (and I'm not so great with words) she throws back - for example I could say that "you have a nice bottom" - "no, YOU have a nice bottom". We're been together just over a year now. Baby steps I think, she struggled getting naked at first but hid it - I'm sick of her throwing compliments back because I'm younger and weigh less. Like I care, totally want her :slight_smile:

Any suggestions appreciated!

2. Really

"you have a nice bottom" - "no, YOU have a nice bottom"
    "But I can't see mine so I'm just going to enjoy yours, ok?" Then kiss before she can say anything else.

3. QueerQueen

The girl I like is kind of like this, insecure. I think all you can do is show her and reassure her how beautiful you think she is. Take her out on dates, be affectionate, buy her flowers, kiss her when she least expects it, look into her eyes when you compliment her. Just tell her how you really feel about her and when she throws a comment back at you say it again. I think when it comes to this though she has to learn to accept herself for who she is and love herself for it, just be there for her.

4. Sabot Kitty

My girlfriend and I do the whole "you're so [nice quality]" "nu u!" rather frequently, it's pretty common in my experience. Nonetheless, I think her self-esteem will only continue to improve as long as you're both together. c:

5. Tetra

Damn. Smooth. I'll remember this for the future.

6. tulipinacup

I think it doesn't matter if you compliment her everyday but it's how you really mean it. When you think she looks good in that dress, tell her but not only that but I think she would really appreciate it why she looked good in the dress.

I've struggled with my self-esteem (and I still am) when I was with my ex-boyfriend but there was a time when he asked me which part of my body I was so insecure about and he kissed every area of it which was so sweet him and it did help a bit with my confidence though I think your girlfriend is probably not specifically insecure with her body but with how she is in a relationship due to past experiences?