1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Change from Best Friends to a Couple?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BrightRedRoses, Jul 23, 2014.

1. BrightRedRoses

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, about a month ago I told my best friend I had feelings for her and she told me that she had feelings for me also. A few weeks later, I asked her if she wanted to be together and she said yes. We've been together now for a little more than a week. The problem is... I'm not really sure how to make the change from being best friends to a couple. Both of us have said that we want things to seem different, but not much has really changed.

I guess it feels like things have changed a little bit, but at the same time nothing really seems all that different. I really want to show her that things will be different from now on, but I don't know how. I've never actually been with someone before, and neither has she. Is there any way I can make things different from when we were just friends, or show her things will be different? How can I make the change from best friends to officially a couple?

2. Black Swan

3. PrettyConfused

^I agree. And you could get more intimate by cuddling too. Since you're in a relationship as well, you could do more for her. Maybe surprise her more often with a gift? Something that's sentimental. Or maybe you could do something special together for your one monthversary :slight_smile:

4. Vampire

The difference between a relationship and best friendship is not that big, as a matter of fact. The biggest difference, as posters above have stated, is intimacy. You should do more intimate activities with your girlfriend, more often. Take her to romantic dinners, buy her small gifts (if you are creative, handcraft them, they'll mean that much more). If the situation permits, sometimes in the future, move in together?

Lots of love,
    Andy