1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dunno how to make things work with my boyfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bicomplicated, Jul 24, 2014.

1. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok. So I am a bi woman and in my early 30's. I am somewhat more attracted to men than women. But I can just as easily be with a woman as a man: romantically, emotionally, phydically, everything. One of my friends said I would be perfect for his brother. He said that he thinks our personalities would compliment each other and that we would get along well. And he mentioned his brother was also bi. So I was like yay! At the very least he will understand me (which he does). So i met my friend's brother. And we have been dating for three months. For the most part it is great. But I confided in him about having doubts. I told him I have a strong desire to be with a woman right now. But he cares about me a lot. And he told me I don't have to choose; that he supports me; and that he is cool with me having a girlfriend (which I haven't found yet :frowning2: Anyway, so we start getting to the physical part. And it has been great. I get mine. But everytime, he can't get off unless I do certain things that make me think he is missing having a man like he can't get off without that aspect... And that is a little depressing like I am not enough for him sexually. If the sex is good, whether it is a man or a woman, it's enough for me; I don't need both to make me climax... lol. But it's just a matter of whether or not at this time do I need a man or a woman? And I can def suppress my feeling for one gender to be in a relationship but at this time I really miss being wiith a woman, and I feel so lucky to be with a guy who is supportive of that. I just dunno why my guy is having problems in bed. He says it's fine; he's already told me he loves me... And he doesn't seem to have a complaint in bed... I just dunno why he has such a hard time getting off. I really think having a man is what he is missing. I am also thinking about adding toys lol. But idk if it is psychological like he misses being with a guy so he can't get his head in the game. He hasn't mentioned wanting to be with a guy.

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2014 at 10:35 AM ----------

So should I ask him if he needs a guy in his life? Or just leave it alone? AND how can I work on the bedroom situation? I would like to feel like I am enough for him sexually. But that's kind of hypocritical of me I guess. But when he is with me I wanna rock his world.

2. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Update: I am seeing a lot of veiws but no advice. Basically I am just wondering if I am enough for him and how to feel like I am enough. And if I am not enough, how should I approach that problem? Bring it up to him or wait for him to mention stuff?

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I thought I posted on here? I guess not. Sorry, should've double checked.

I think my original post went something like this:

Some bisexual people have preferences. Others don't. Some bisexual people's preferences fluctuate. Others don't. It's almost like bisexuality runs on its own terms. :lol:

But, my point is, he may or may not prefer men over women, yet he is perfectly capable of being happy with you because he's also bisexual.

So I'm saying that, even if he did prefer men over women, you may still be in a relationship with him.

He sounds supportive and considerate. You said so yourself. Don't be afraid to approach him.

If he does turn out to prefer men, ask why. Does he like getting penetrated? You can use a strap-on, in that case.

Or, he may just have a tough time getting off. Although, not really sure how 'getting off' works, so I can't really say much about that.

In any case, good luck. Don't feel insufficient. (*hug*)

4. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you Nychthemeron. :slight_smile: I will try not to feel insuficient. And yeah, I know everything you are saying is true. I will just put my big girl panties on and ask him about it lol. We will figure this out. Thanks for your helpful advice. :slight_smile:

#4 bicomplicated, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  5. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope all goes well. Keep us updated? c:

6. julianne

I agree with Nychthemeron, bisexuality works in lots of different ways, but he clearly loves and cares about you so you'll make it work :slight_smile:

Communication is the key to any healthy relationship, so I think that you should just talk to him about his preferences and figure it out from there! Let us know how it goes! Good luck :slight_smile:

7. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks Julianne! We did talk thing through and try some stuff :wink: Things are going a lot better! For now at least lol and hopefully things just keep getting better. And I feel so much more emotionally connected to him also after talking and getting everything out in the open. He never worried about my other attractions. And I am not worried about his now. We are 100 percent invested in each other. Thank you guys again for being reasuring and giving me the courage to talk to him about this problem. :slight_smile: