1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He is beating her.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by C06122014, Jul 24, 2014.

1. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

My best friends dad is Beating her and I don't know what to do. I've confronted him about his drinking before, we ended up getting into a verbal fight. This was about 2 months ago but she just told me a second ago that he kicked her on her side and that he gave her chest pains, which landed her in the hospital, it was because of a hit to the ribs apparently it was because he kicked her, this was about two weeks ago. She said she Is afraid in her own house, I told her she can come here if she ever wants to leave, but she says that she can't leave. What do I do? Please help me.

2. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Call the police and inform them of the situation

3. Cass

Tell your parents, a teacher, one of the doctors. Anyone. Teachers are required by law to report any suspected child abuse. I think doctors are too. You have I do something before he really hurts her. Trust me, tell someone

4. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I'm scared for her, I don't know I want to tell someone but she hasn't answered the phone since I said that and I'm scared because she said that her and her dad had just gotten out of an argument she said this and hasn't replied;
    "No he just took away my phone .. ugh dude sometimes all this shit gets me depressed, i thought he was gonna hurt me , he was drinking."

5. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Tell someone, this is an extremely unhealthy situation for someone to live in.

6. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I don't who to tell she moved like last week and her phone isn't working(her dad has it). But I'm wondering? Does her mom know? I'm going to tell my high school counselor or maybe my spanish teacher I asked if she's tried telling someone, she's only told me but she's my friend and I can't let her get hurt. She still hasn't replied to my text /.\

7. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Tell your parents now!!!! Call the police NOW & see if you can take her to the hospital again so her injuries can be documented. She has to tell the Drs /police he is doing this.

8. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I'm GOING to find out where she lives and try to go so bye you guys

9. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really wouldn't go alone if I was you...

Bring an adult with you, or else you might end up being beaten...

10. person57

Like others said, tell someone!! A teacher, doctor, police, etc. This is a very bad way to live and your best friend doesn't deserve it!! Do it for your own good!! And like RainbowGreen said, bring an adult with you to prevent yourself from getting beaten.

11. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Damnit! I reached out to her aunt, asked her where she lived and took a taxi. She is fine and her dad took her phone and left thats why she didn't answer her phone! Ugh I got so scared I just hugged her when I saw her. Now I'm in the taxi on my way home again. We are going to meet up tomorrow to talk /.\ about the situation

12. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    call the cops before it gets worse

13. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Simple solution: If you go to the same school, go tell your guidance counselor, and ask that s/he take action. Once reported to the guidance counselor it becomes a mandatory reporting situation where the guidance counselor MUST act.

There should be no difficulty in proving the accusations given the hospital visits and evident bruising, so CPS will be able to take swift action to get the situation under control.

This isn't something you should even be talking to her about. The problem is, she's been abused for so long she feels completely helpless and unable to act because it's essentially all she knows. So you need to take the step of making the report, and that will start the process. It should happen pretty quickly.

14. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I'm in contact with most of my teachers out of school I've already told my spanish teacher she said she will discuss it with her and will also notify the school principal but I'm scared she might get mad at me.....but I did if for her because before anything comes her security right?

15. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Taking care of a friend's safety trumps pretty much anything else, including the friendship. If she isn't around because he beats her too hard one day... the friendship will be lost anyway. So hopefully she'll "get that" even if she's initially upset.

It might be worthwhile to let your spanish teacher and the school principal know that you know that this is clearly a mandatory report situation. If you let them know that *you* know this, it will compel them to actually make the report and do something about it rather than ignore it. They are legally obligated to report the issue, once they become aware of it, to either police or CPS, and if they don't, they can get in serious trouble. So simply mentioning that you know this will make it clear you aren't messing around.

There's absolutely no question this is the right thing to do.

16. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Yes because in the end she is my friend and I would prefer she be angry at me forever than lose her and by lose her I mean an involuntary loss. She could be hurt even worse the next time. she just transferred this year, that's ok right? I made it clear to my teacher that I knew that they are obligated to report it, she said she is speaking with the principal and the dean today, that this is a matter of high interest. I will know if they do anything or not because I'm in contact with my friend and if CPS doesn't "go" for her or move her into another home, then I will talk to my principal about the issue again.

17. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, it takes a sick depraved bastard to beat their own family, she will hopefully see you did it for her own good and thank you.
    :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap