1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I over analyzing this?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Alpha78, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Alpha78

Out Status:
    A few people
    I was hang out with a friend and one of his friends. My friend had to go into his house, leaving me and his friend alone in my car, at night. We just started talking about random stuff but then said "it's getting sexy in here". And I thought he was talking about my car because I just cleaned the interior, but then he said how it's dark and just the two of us. He doesn't know that I'm bi so I just took it as a joke. He kept talking about it and said "dude, if you were a girl, id so kiss you right now" I was going to ask if he was serious and if he wanted to but my friend came back and he changed the subject. This guy is known to joke a lot but only with his group of friends. I feel like if he was joking, he wouldn't mention something like that in a romantic setting with just us. I'm also wondering why he would even say that he would kiss me since he is straight. (Atleast I believe so, he says he is and talks about girls a lot but that doesn't mean he isnt closeted.) I've hanged out with this guy a few times and I act a little feminine so he might suspect that I'm gay/bi so he decided to give hints but idk :/
    Am I over thinking this or do you think he was dropping hints for me to make a move?

2. shakeygraves

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    honestly, in these kinds of situations you can never tell at first glance. I'd say if said guy continues to make flirty comments then maybe he's curious? Who knows. I wouldn't push it. But hey, who knows! Don't over think it. If anything, take it as flattery. :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm no expert in these sorts of situations, but I'd most certainly interpret it as a not-so-subtle hint that he's interested. If it were a joke, he would likely have dropped it after the first comment.