1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's pretty complicated

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by youraveragegirl, Jul 25, 2014.

1. youraveragegirl

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm female and 15 years of age.

I've been questioning my sexuality for over 2 years. It used to concern me as to what label I fit into, but I have decided i do not need a label. if I fall for a girl, I will go out with them, the same for males.

December 2013 I made friends with a girl, Alexi, and I thought nothing of it. Until January, where i found out she was lesbian. I managed to message her by Kik and we talked for a bit. She then admitted she had a crush on me. I hardly really knew Alexi, but I had felt something different around her. I replied with 'crazy to say...but me too'. and it went from there. We 'went out' for 3 weeks in secret but it was hell because I had to try and hide it so nobody knew. That proved difficult as we were fairly physical with hugging and stuff at lunch. Then everyone somehow found out Alexi had a girlfriend, (me) and somehow worked out it was me. So we spilt up after that and tried to be just friends.

We have tried being just friends for over 6 months and it hasn't worked. Really it's her that keeps being physical, arm round my shoulders when i make her laugh, hugs me forever when i say bye after school. I didn't like it because i knew we couldn't go out. So it was awkward when she did it as i didn't hug back/acknowledge her affection.

I have no idea if It is love or real feelings for Alexi that i have, or if it is infatuation. But lets just say when she smiles at me and i'm smiling back, i could lean in and kiss her right there.

I told my mother I was confused in February after having a breakdown about Alexi. She is okay me being not straight but doesn't want me out with Alexi. Two of my friends know i'm not straight, one knows how i am with Alexi, One knows i have a crush and want to go out. My dad is extremely homophobic.

Now it's the holidays, i'm more free and relaxed, not stressed about school, and wondered if that would be a better time to ask her out? It would have to be at first in secret.

Please can I have advice, I'm pretty stuck.

Skylar x