1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports coach might out me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Black Swan, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Black Swan

So yesterday I was talking with my sports coach, who is also like an older friend to me. Here's what our conversation went like.

Coach: I think <best friend's name> is really angry.
    Me: Why's that?
    Coach: Because I've been annoying her. <devil grin>
    Me: Gee, coach, don't annoy her, she's my friend, we have loyalties!
    Coach: Yes... I'm sure I'd love to hear all about those... loyalties.
    Me::eek:
    Coach: <laughter>

So I'm kind of really shocked. I'm not out to anyone, and though I'm not dating my best friend, in that moment I felt like my coach just saw right through me. I tried to cover it up quickly by giving her a confused look, but I swear she know's I'm gay somehow. I think I heard her say (through rounds of laughter) something about our "lovemaking" but I'm not sure.

I am really scared that she's going to out me, or that my best friend will find out. And I'm too scared to confront her about it. It feels almost pointless to deny my sexuality at this point as I realize that I may have dropped far too many hints by accident, and she doesn't just think I'm gay, she knows. I could tell she saw through my disguise. I don't know what to do.

2. turtlemom

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah, well, your coach might think its funny but I dont think she is funny at all and I dont think shes much of a friend either. If it were me, I would bow out of that "friendship" with the coach. I would just kind of gradually keep putting more distance between the two of you. Be polite of course but nothing beyond that, nothing personal ever. I would be cool as a cucumber. Say hello and of course anything related to the sport but that is it. Just pretend you have been soooooo busy and in a hurry to get going because you have to be somewhere at a certain time. Smile and say see you later, have a good day! Leave it at that. I wonder what she thinks is so funny? Maybe she can go find someone else to make fun of and she wont be so lucky the next time she just might p.. off the wrong person.

3. Black Swan

Yes, she did upset me and I felt like she was intruding into my private life. She is actually quite young and very, very imature which is probably why she thought it was funny. I will take your advice and distance myself.