1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a bromance?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Karl99, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Karl99

Soooo I have this best friend who I consider my bro. We've been friends since we were still kids, about 4-5 years old. We're 13 now. We're like two of the same kind. We're the same in EVERY ASPECT. We have everything in common. Because I've known him since forever, we've become REALLY attached to each other. We love each other, and we consider ourselves brothers. We trust each other on a whole new and deep level to the point that I told him that I was bi and accepted me immediately and didn't tell anyone. We watch movies together, go the mall together, eat together, etc. We both treasure every single moment we're together. We just really love and care about each other, we watch each other's backs, and we aren't afraid to show affection to each other and in public places. Right now we're both hunting down gals HAHA, but because of that we've been fighting really frequently. We always fight! like 2-3 times a week. Mostly about jealousy of the other's time not being enough for the other. Some about the other's actions. But in the end we always patch things up and everything goes back to normal. We also fight over some girls. But when we fight we don't let it affect our friendship. But there was this one time that our friendship almost broke and we both gut REALLY HURT inside, and I was at the brink of depression and maybe also him. He texted me a lot during that, and he told me I meant a lot to him, and even tho he sometimes didn't give time for me, I would forever remain special to him. I said the same to him. This one fight was the really intense one of all. He told me felt depressed during it, and I think he cried, as he almost cries during some of our less intense fights. Sometimes I take certain methods even tho they're horrible methods just to protect him. That's how much I care about him. Of all the friendships I have, this is the one I CANNOT risk to lose. He also never wants our friendship to end. Our story doesn't end there as it is REALLY long and I can't type it all as I find it hard to do......it's all very complicated.
    Right now we're fighting again......because of this girl....and I miss hugging him now....but I expect things to get fixed in the end......He told me that we're gonna have a a SERIOUS TALK again(we've always had serious talks to end our fights).......only the 2 of us, no distractions he said...........
    Is this a bromance to you?
    And btw I think I also have feelings for him? I can never picture us kissing tho, but I just love and care for him so much, brotherly maybe? but sometimes I can get the feeling of love "love" you know? But naaaaaah....idk...naaaah.....idk......nah...

2. maselalala

This sounds like a bromance to me! And yea you gotta talk things over with him in order to try and move on. I know it's tough but things will be better in the long run if you communicate with him about BOTH of your problems, and ask him if there's anything he wants to talk about and if there's anything you can do... I hope this helped! :slight_smile:

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like a deep, authentic friendship. I think that's a better and more descriptive term than "bromance." I don't hear anything indicating that he's gay (though I couldn't definitely rule out that possibility either.) But my guess is that what you have is a meaningful friend that Brené Brown would describe as a "marble jar" friend, the best kind you can have.

4. scub

i am sort of confused when you say you fight "because of this girl" it is his girl, and you're getting jealous?

have that "serious talk" with him that he mentioned and get back to us. also, what you've explains is not enough to know if this is just friendship or that he may also have feelings for you. could be both or just friendship.. while some people at 13 yrs old, they may know their sexual orientation, for others it may take longer to realize it.

for now, just continue being his friend. it sounds like he is a true friend. i wouldn't think too much about developing feelings for him at his point because it might really hurt you later on in the friendship if you find out he is completely straight which he may very well be. so as hard as it may be, try not to get too attached to him because it's very easy to fall in love with a friend that you may later find out would be impossible for you to have.

5. julianne

It sounds like you've got a really strong and powerful friendship with him :slight_smile: I can't say for sure if there are romantic feelings between you, but you're only 13 and it sounds like you'll be friends for a long time, so I think there's lots of time to figure all that stuff out. Right now I would enjoy your wonderful friendship the way it is and see where it goes from here!

Get back to us after you guys have your talk, I'm interested to see how things turn out! He sounds like a true friend, so hold on to him :slight_smile: